What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 - v Panthers

Spazer

Juniors
We go alright against penrith for some reason. Haven't been able to beat them of recent but they struggle to click against us I have no idea why. Maybe they are scared of molo or something.

Sounds like tamale might get a shot judging by the press conference and possibly marshke if hunt is out. Couchmans deserve a bench spot at least.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
I don't have faith in this stupid plodder of a coach to change much team wise for this game, so here goes what I think we'll see:

- Tuipolutu to the wing
- Lomax to centre
- Sonny boy to half back
- Either poo brown or marshke to five eighth with the other as 14

TheRev

First Grade
I think we will be competitive with their squad mostly out.. and some bounce back.

The big one is losing Sele, he apparently heard a crack in his shoulder and then played on with it.. cannot be good..

Also curious if Eisenhuth had an injury, I know he was tired but something seemed off.. going to be atleast 1 couchman I would predict for this weekend, those young legs will be useful I suspect.

Would also like to see Tamale or SFinau get a start over CTui, but thats more just for giving them a taste than effect on the game. But if Lomax goes to origin we probably are forced into Tamale + Suli as a ctr combo.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
I don't have faith in this stupid plodder of a coach to change much team wise for this game, so here goes what I think we'll see:

- Tuipolutu to the wing
- Lomax to centre
- Sonny boy to half back
- Either poo brown or marshke to five eighth with the other as 14
Usually disagree with you but I think you're right about what we'll likely see.

kit66

Bench
We go alright against penrith for some reason. Haven't been able to beat them of recent but they struggle to click against us I have no idea why. Maybe they are scared of molo or something.

Sounds like tamale might get a shot judging by the press conference and possibly marshke if hunt is out. Couchmans deserve a bench spot at least.

The Couchmen were the starting props for their win over the 2nd on the ladder Dogs
Toby - 57 minutes / 20 runs for 210 mtrs / 33 tackles no misses or ineffective.
Ryan - 80 minutes / 22 runs for 211 mtrs / 44 tackles, 1 miss, no ineffective.
and putting in similar numbers each week. Surely need a look in for 1st grade over Lawrie.
BMM should also be in 1sts ahead of Lawrie.

Also just noticed we have 5 players in the top 10 in the KOE Cup for Post Contact Metres including Toby 5th and Ryan 6th.

Last edited:

steerlerbab

Juniors
After yesterday's loss we are no longer top 8 this year. It will be wishful thinking. Even if we hover around 8, our for and against will get us for sure. Our reserves are going fine So time to try some of our reserves:
1. Couchman Brothers - 20 years old but Toby is definitely ready/Surely Toby has to come to bench next week (maybe replace Eisenhuh or Mariner).
2. Mat Fegai - He already has 51 games. Only 23. Need to improve his defense or Tamale or Tuipulato (One of these guys should come in for Bird. No point in persisting with battle weary Bird who should seriously consider moving to super league to get another year or two under his belt - I will give Mat fegai a go see if his defence has improved)
3. Tuitavake (Fifita and M Molo were given chances). How about Tuitavake is given his chance.
4. Marshke (If Ben is not in then bring him as 7 otherwise how about he comes in place Flanno Jr and Flanno Jr is tried as our 14)

since77

Juniors
The Couchmen were the starting props for their win over the 2nd on the ladder Dogs
Toby - 57 minutes / 20 runs for 210 mtrs / 33 tackles no misses or ineffective.
Ryan - 80 minutes / 22 runs for 211 mtrs / 44 tackles, 1 miss, no ineffective.
and putting in similar numbers each week. Surely need a look in for 1st grade over Lawrie.
BMM should also be in 1sts ahead of Lawrie.

Also just noticed we have 5 players in the top 10 in the KOE Cup for Post Contact Metres including Toby 5th and Ryan 6th.
Yeah but why pick young, keen players with consistently great stats when you can pick Blake Plodder Lawrie every week?

You think he will make the QLD team?
So Hunt will be in the Queensland squad, with Lomax tipped to be in an extended squad for NSW.
Lomax will be released to play for us v Panthers if not picked in the final squad.
I think Toby Couchman will be picked, not so sure about his brother.
Also BMM.
Think Marschke will be the number 6, with a mix of Tui on the wing, and possibly a Feagai if no Lomax available in the centres.