What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 T20 World Cup (Hosts USA and West Indies)

King-Gutho94

Coach
It would be delicious.

I almost hope the scenario plays out that way that when we play Scotland they are above them on the Net Run rate and we can weasel our way to a tight win.

We have no incentive to help England go through.
The cricket group chat I have is all in favour of throwing the game/margin next Sunday against Scotland if it's at the expense of getting the poms knocked out.

Come on Scotland beat Oman tomorrow to make this a potential reality.

Yep reckon there gone. Going to be hard to reign in there NRR. To equalise with either the windies or Afghanistan
Need to beat the Windies and spank PNG and Uganda. Will put them on 6 points.

Afghanistan beating the Windies would then be enough to see them through. Otherwise they’ll need to make up the NRR gap on one of the two teams.

If they lose to the Windies they may as well book flights home

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Sort of half way through the group phase although some teams have played 3 and others only 1. But you can see how the super 8s are shaping:
Screenshot_20240610_062341_ESPNCricinfo.jpg

India and USA look good to go through although any of the other 3 are still a rough chance.
Screenshot_20240610_062803_ESPNCricinfo.jpg
Scotland's win heaps pressure on the poms who will have to rely on upsets and run rate to get over the top 2. Namibia still in it but they have to beat us and England.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Screenshot_20240610_063123_ESPNCricinfo.jpg
Although they've only played 1 game the Teal caps are in trouble. The key game in this group is WI v NZ.

Screenshot_20240610_063344_ESPNCricinfo.jpg
Toughest group to pick although South Africa look good. Any of the other 4 teams could sneak through.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Scotland winning in 13 overs makes it even harder now for England.

There going to have to make up a shitload of NRR and hope we belt Scotland the other way which lete be honest I think we will bowl first and then see what we need to do to knock out the poms in that scenario.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Scotland winning in 13 overs makes it even harder now for England.

There going to have to make up a shitload of NRR and hope we belt Scotland the other way which lete be honest I think we will bowl first and then see what we need to do to knock out the poms in that scenario.
I don't think we're thinking of knocking out the poms, we know we can beat them if we meet again.

simmo1

First Grade
Super 8s at this stage are:

Group 1: Australia, India, Bangladesh Afghanistan

Group 2: USA, Scotland, West Indies, South Africa

We definitely look like getting the tougher group.