What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 TV and Streaming Ratings Discussion

I mean i cant rule that out given thats true most years. I think 2020 they ran at the same time though - but again circumstances were different - shorter matches etc, that resulted in a ratings boom for the AFL.
Someone on BF reckons a Swans/Lions GF would maximize nationwide viewership. On the premise that everyone in VIC/WA/SA will watch irrespective of participants. Whereas casuals in NSW/QLD will only tune in for a local team.

From memory, the ratings for GF 2019 Fumbles wouldn't support the hypothesis. Although, probably a gulf in pulling power between Swans and Giants.

I think all Storm NRL GFs have rated well across the board.

Wb1234

Immortal
Those Sydney ratings are pathetic, even for games involving the Swans and Giants. And people still think the Swans are huge? lol You can pretty much fit their TV audience into Accor Stadium. Brisbane not much better. AFL outside of Melbourne and the wasteland states is a myth.
The giants suns lions and swans all have a common feature where their crowds exceed their tv ratings

40 years of afl expansion for basically nothing