What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 TV and Streaming Ratings Discussion

No breakdowns but this clue from The Oz this afternoon:

"The television numbers for the Storm v Roosters on Friday night smashed ratings records. Fox Sports and Channel 9 were up 36 per cent on the first grand final qualifier last year. Ratings in Melbourne were off the charts. Fox Sports was up by 425 per cent and Channel 9 by 361 per cent. NRL CEO Andrew Abdo credits the players: “Sports fans are responding to the sensational football from the NRL’s incredible athletes – there is truly nothing else like it.”

Billythekid

First Grade
AFL ratings seem pretty good? My memory isn’t the best but 4+ million is normally pretty good.

Great ratings for the sharks/panthers game. Was expecting less as it isn’t the most appealing matchup.

Not much more you can say about the union ratings, they’re dire. Union really seems like it’s circling the drain and needs something to change things up.
No breakdowns but this clue from The Oz this afternoon:

"The television numbers for the Storm v Roosters on Friday night smashed ratings records. Fox Sports and Channel 9 were up 36 per cent on the first grand final qualifier last year. Ratings in Melbourne were off the charts. Fox Sports was up by 425 per cent and Channel 9 by 361 per cent. NRL CEO Andrew Abdo credits the players: “Sports fans are responding to the sensational football from the NRL’s incredible athletes – there is truly nothing else like it.”
Shame we haven’t got numbers yet but not surprised the Melbourne numbers are well up.

Jacko11

Juniors
Imagine if the AFL GF was remotely close, would’ve averaged 5 million, NRL is incapable of such numbers I’m sorry to say, that’s why the AFL gets the big bucks!

Imagine if the AFL GF was remotely close, would’ve averaged 5 million, NRL is incapable of such numbers I’m sorry to say, that’s why the AFL gets the big bucks!
Hey man, I don't know you as a poster, I just read through a lot of shyte here.
I'm going to give you an insight as to what will happen next Sunday with the NRL Grand Final.
Melbourne people are going to watch it on a big scale. Why? Because they want to go for their city.
Sydney are going to watch it. Why? Because we all know it's going to be one of the best ever.
WA is going to watch it more than they have been. Why? Because they've got the sniff of being involved.
Qld are going to watch it. Why? Because they are Rugby League mad.

I reckon the NRL GF will top 5M.

Jacko11

Juniors
Hey man, I don't know you as a poster, I just read through a lot of shyte here.
I'm going to give you an insight as to what will happen next Sunday with the NRL Grand Final.
Melbourne people are going to watch it on a big scale. Why? Because they want to go for their city.
Sydney are going to watch it. Why? Because we all know it's going to be one of the best ever.
WA is going to watch it more than they have been. Why? Because they've got the sniff of being involved.
Qld are going to watch it. Why? Because they are Rugby League mad.

I reckon the NRL GF will top 5M.
Like all the other Storm GFs?