What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 TV and Streaming Ratings Discussion

Hey man, I don't know you as a poster, I just read through a lot of shyte here.
I'm going to give you an insight as to what will happen next Sunday with the NRL Grand Final.
Melbourne people are going to watch it on a big scale. Why? Because they want to go for their city.
Sydney are going to watch it. Why? Because we all know it's going to be one of the best ever.
WA is going to watch it more than they have been. Why? Because they've got the sniff of being involved.
Qld are going to watch it. Why? Because they are Rugby League mad.

I reckon the NRL GF will top 5M.
You make a good point, even though the numbers of viewers available out of W.A. and S.A. aren`t huge, neither, unlike our rival, have NRL teams. Not having an NRL team makes it much less likely for the casual sports fans to be engaged with our sport, most likely just through a lack of coverage of the sport in those states.
Give them a team and eventually, obviously not straight away, as the team becomes part of the sporting landscape in those states, it is much more likely that we will start to pick up those sports fans in our viewing figures.