What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 TV and Streaming Ratings Discussion

Wb1234

Immortal
Youve literally just done what i said you were doing, Stop waffling on about housing and residential real estate,

And it still has nothing to do with ROI on the AFLs investment.
What do you think the land value of docklands stadium derived from ?

Go and google docklands unit sales and see how flooded the market is

Now you are doing a Perth red and shifting the goal posts

You were saying I had no idea about land values at docklands or Melb generally

Your main assets value has had a huge fall in value and will take a decade to recover its value

And its roi is awful.

Maybe you should argue the afl is happy with a poor roi as it charges cheap rent so afl clubs can make more money

The_Wookie

Bench
What do you think the land value of docklands stadium derived from ?

Go and google docklands unit sales and see how flooded the market is

Now you are doing a Perth red and shifting the goal posts

You were saying I had no idea about land values at docklands or Melb generally

Your main assets value has had a huge fall in value and will take a decade to recover its value

And its roi is awful.

Maybe you should argue the afl is happy with a poor roi as it charges cheap rent so afl clubs can make more money

You tried to tie ROI to land value. No one else. And its utterly incorrect,

The_Wookie

Bench
Now if we can get back to ratings for a moment.

#NRL
Prime Ministers XIII
Nine
Average 181,000 (BVOD 20,000)
Reach 711,000

Data: VOZ 2024

Wb1234

Immortal
You tried to tie ROI to land value. No one else. And its utterly incorrect,

You told me what it’s worth
So I provided the roi based on your estimate

A day later you said it worth 250 million

Pick a value and stick with it

Anyway let’s talk about the ratings for png v Australia

How did it compare with the all Australian afl side v ????

The_Wookie

Bench
You told me what it’s worth
So I provided the roi based on your estimate

A day later you said it worth 250 million

Pick a value and stick with it

Anyway let’s talk about the ratings for png v Australia

How did it compare with the all Australian afl side v ????

ROI is literally not what you think it is. And ive stated that repeatedly. ROI is return on investment, you started waffling on about opportunity cost and housing/unit sales that have no relevance to ROI.

Wb1234

Immortal
ROI is literally not what you think it is. And ive stated that repeatedly. ROI is return on investment, you started waffling on about opportunity cost and housing/unit sales that have no relevance to ROI.
Stop talking garbage

I’m talking about what the assets returns compared to what the nrl assets return

What the afl bought it for years ago isn’t the point

Stick to ratings

The_Wookie

Bench
Stop talking garbage

I’m talking about what the assets returns compared to what the nrl assets return

What the afl bought it for years ago isn’t the point

Actually it IS the point, that is literally the ROI.

I note that you arent referring to the potential sale value of the Beetson when you discuss ROI there.

Stick to ratings

stick to...f**k knows what, but you are off base about this.

Wb1234

Immortal
Actually it IS the point, that is literally the ROI.

I note that you arent referring to the potential sale value of the Beetson when you discuss ROI there.

stick to...f**k knows what, but you are off base about this.

Just pretend it’s a wonderful asset that makes a lot of money and is going up in value

I would much rather owning commercial property assets the nrl is investing in over a stadium

There’s a reason most stadiums are publically funded. Bc the returns are awful

The_Wookie

Bench
Just pretend it’s a wonderful asset that makes a lot of money and is going up in value

and Ill not pretend you arent offering differing standards. And have no idea what ROI is

I would much rather owning commercial property assets the nrl is investing in over a stadium

good for you,. Both strategies are working for their respective bodies.

You dont even know what returns are.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Seems to me they are returning similar. NRL is buying hotels for $20-30mill and getting $2-3mill profit, AFL bought a stadium for $268mill and getting $25-27mill profit back. The benefit of the stadium is it is in prime real estate and the value of that land would be significantly higher than the $268mill they paid and its also part of core business so benefits the clubs as well as the afl HQ bottom line.
The hotel game seems to be doing well as well but NRl will need to buy another 7 or so to catch up.

colly

Juniors
ONLY August 2024 story painting a seven network surrounded by sharks...... at 14 cents the story; Current today at 17 cents a share means for only $200 + you could buy the network. So maybe Seven wont be able to pay for the AFL contract, it has happened before ie channel 10 NSWRL. Also note big changes possible coming for add revenue from Betting companies. This might force Seven to renegotiate their AFL Tv contract, again it has happened before ie Seven and Cricket Australia. Since the AFL contract and productions is properly over $250m pa this may cause a further share price cut as this is the first year ( upcoming) of the 7 year deal at $200m contract and $50m productions costs and with add revue falling this might 'bankrupt' Seven.

Perth Red

Post Whore
ONLY August 2024 story painting a seven network surrounded by sharks...... at 14 cents the story; Current today at 17 cents a share means for only $200 + you could buy the network. So maybe Seven wont be able to pay for the AFL contract, it has happened before ie channel 10 NSWRL. Also note big changes possible coming for add revenue from Betting companies. This might force Seven to renegotiate their AFL Tv contract, again it has happened before ie Seven and Cricket Australia. Since the AFL contract and productions is properly over $250m pa this may cause a further share price cut as this is the first year ( upcoming) of the 7 year deal at $200m contract and $50m productions costs and with add revue falling this might 'bankrupt' Seven.
For the sake of our next tv deal we had better hope not! re Betting, same argument was made for not banning tobacco advertising, the world just moved on.

The_Wookie

Bench

Seven werent forced to renegotiate with cricket, they demanded it after Cricket underperformed according to them. Not the same scenario.

Trifili13

Juniors
I would think a major reason that clubs and head sporting organisations generally don't build stadiums is the initial cost to build them. Better to get governments to fund them. Buying a pub or office building much cheaper. ROI of property obviously depends on location, demand/usage, type of property and many other factors.

Latest posts