What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Week 1: FINALS Sep13-15

King-Gutho94

Coach
It's the sort of game where you don't want either team to win.
Then there is the Storm, Bulldogs, Manly and Sharks that are just as offensive.
WTF?
Knights or Cowboys for me.
Most uninspiring finals series in a long time.

No fairytale stories to get behind as a neutral.

Bulldogs are probably closest and even then who in there right mind what's them to win anyway.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Most uninspiring finals series in a long time.

No fairytale stories to get behind as a neutral.

Bulldogs are probably closest and even then who in there right mind what's them to win anyway.

Thats because (in part) 5 of the 8 finalists have won a comp last 10 years, and it looks like Storm or Ruff winning again

Manly (in 2011) Dogs and Knights the only ones outside the recent decade

Probably with Suity, Cowboys or Knights, though one is eliminated this weekend

Hopefully Parra girls get their remaining two wins and make the playoffs and the GF, be a long evening on the 6th of October otherwise..

hindy111

Post Whore
It's the sort of game where you don't want either team to win.
Then there is the Storm, Bulldogs, Manly and Sharks that are just as offensive.
WTF?
Knights or Cowboys for me.

I'm going for the Panthers. A great Western suburbs club who have had their fair share of shit. Built the club from the ground up and mostly juniors

hindy111

Post Whore
I feel like the Storm are unstoppable. And they've been the best side all year.
Penrith are the only rough chance. If they did win a 4 peat after losing something like 28 NRL players in the last 3 or 4 yrs it would be one of the greatest sporting achievements I've seen. The 3 peat was.pretty good

Stevie

Bench
I am different I guess. Best season of footy I remember. Despite Parra being awful.
I feel it’s an obvious Panthers, Storm, Manly, Cows week 1 winners but this is NRL. Bring on the action!

TheParraboy

Staff member
Really?
Not doubting you but why do you think that?

I would assume less injuries throughout the year, particularly in their spine

Stefano to kill it ?

Young guys like Wishart /Anderson/Faalogo etc ...to get better, maybe one or two of them play rep footy?

Suitman

Post Whore
Why is every dropped ball these days called a knock on?
That dropped ball from Tupou just then was clearly knocked back.

Delboy

First Grade
Poor Roosters having to field a 17 with only 12 rep players in it, it’s tough but guess it’s life when they are that far down on rep players . Seriously , it’s good to see, Robbo will come up with some excuse .