What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Squad List

SEAT 1A

Bench
With Franky, Su'a and Luc and hopefully, both Tuitavake and Fifita will be in the picture for 2025.

It seems that recruiting is near impossible so, confirm both RFM and Huth who are already here.

denis preston

First Grade
It doesn't seem like Lawrie has had any heat turned up on him. I'm genuinely gobsmacked the slow plodding ineffectual lump is still getting picked in first grade. I trust Flanno long term but I'm just shaking my head every week the team is announced and see Lawrie's name.
I'd love to see him told to go find another club. I doubt many would be interested though.
Hard but fair.

denis preston

First Grade
With Franky, Su'a and Luc and hopefully, both Tuitavake and Fifita will be in the picture for 2025.

It seems that recruiting is near impossible so, confirm both RFM and Huth who are already here.
Tuitavake & Fifita are just not coming on as expected. There’s a good chance they will overlapped by boys 4-5 years younger in a year or two. I’m saying that why not give both a couple of games in NRL to see how they go, possibly at the expense of Lawrie or Mariner?

TheRev

First Grade
o Tuitavake I suspected very early on was not being retained, thats why he kept getting overlooked in 1st grade for MMolo and Fifita.. even though he made more impact than either of them last year (and this year) in reserve grade.

But despite the way he appeared to me to make real impact in his sort of 30min spells (bit like BMM, i.e. big body)... when looking at the actual stats (DragontheChain pointed this out), hes pumping out maybe half the metres Toby is and even Ryan on an edge.. I still think Alec might be an nrl player.. but with all the young forwards coming into the squad from SG and JF.. hes the easiest to squeeze out (along with Coric and Shereb).

o Fifita's minutes, stats, errors have been awful in cup, but he did managed 88m in 31mins last week which is a lot of metres and a lot of minutes for him (double the metres verse last week).. but hes no where near first grade until he can produce atleast that each week.. and do it for a month..

o The Couchmans are usually doing 150-200 metres per game consitently.... but they also get big minutes every week.. but they are also only 20.5yrs old with ceiling unknown..

o MMolo tbf has impressive stats mostly, the thing with him though is he really seems to belong at cup level, but im not sure he has another gear in him for 1st grade.. of course really hope to be wrong here..

BLM01

First Grade
Out of left field
This guys defence has improved remarkably this year and has fast pace and seems to be in and out at Parra. Simmonson I would be seriously looking at as a wing or fill in only centre option

TheRev

First Grade
Out of left field
This guys defence has improved remarkably this year and has fast pace and seems to be in and out at Parra. Simmonson I would be seriously looking at as a wing or fill in only centre option
I dont know him that well, but im open to first graders to replace Lomax/Feagais.. there is still perhaps potential for an early Lomax switch now that Gutho is in trouble and Parra might have more incentive...... I could handle some more 2024 pain if it was for 2025 gain..

Ideally a prop + a back.. but I dunno how likely that is.

redv13

Bench
I dont know him that well, but im open to first graders to replace Lomax/Feagais.. there is still perhaps potential for an early Lomax switch now that Gutho is in trouble and Parra might have more incentive...... I could handle some more 2024 pain if it was for 2025 gain..

Ideally a prop + a back.. but I dunno how likely that is.
If Parra want Lomax now then they can cough up RCG. Until they do that Parra can get f**ked

St.Brisbane

Juniors
I think we should consider rolling the dice on Illias for 2025. Our kicking options are very poor and we have lacked a genuine half for a long time. This would allow us to move Hunt to 6 and play a less dominant role. Kyle could become an excellent 14 sharing duties with Liddle

Wolfgang90

Juniors
He's still contracted for 2025 at the panthers but should look at Brad Schneider for 2026 onwards. Has come back from ESL, has slotted in for Cleary & done a good job. He would have a couple of years in the panthers strong development system & come from a winning team.

I'd be looking at targeting players from winning teams who have regularly tasted success & been in a highly competitive but professional environment. Your Storm/Panthers/Broncos/Roosters players looking for more opportunity.

I think we should consider rolling the dice on Illias for 2025. Our kicking options are very poor and we have lacked a genuine half for a long time. This would allow us to move Hunt to 6 and play a less dominant role. Kyle could become an excellent 14 sharing duties with Liddle
This would allow us to move Hunt to 6 and play a less dominant role

Nothing would allow us to pry the 7 off Ben's back.
If it was possible, Kyle would be half now, with Hunt at 6.

Sad!:(

Marquee, my arse!

TheRev

First Grade
I'd be looking at targeting players from winning teams who have regularly tasted success & been in a highly competitive but professional environment. Your Storm/Panthers/Broncos/Roosters players looking for more opportunity.
Thats the theory Gus used to basically clean out the Dogs losers, the guys conditioned to accepting defeat.. but he nailed almost every signing he went after.. its a bit harder for us, its why im very pi$$ed off we didnt just offer Turuva a simple and generous contract.. covers 3 positions (especially fullback which we have 0 coverage) and from a said top system.. they dont come around too often.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Thats the theory Gus used to basically clean out the Dogs losers, the guys conditioned to accepting defeat.. but he nailed almost every signing he went after.. its a bit harder for us, its why im very pi$$ed off we didnt just offer Turuva a simple and generous contract.. covers 3 positions (especially fullback which we have 0 coverage) and from a said top system.. they dont come around too often.

Too many inflated egos at the dragons...imo Flanno is learning the hard way with recruitment. We're the last option for potential recruits, I don't think Flanno has much pull or players really care he won a premiership. Although he probably thinks/thought different...

If you got Gus or Benji chasing after you who have a big name & are well recognised by everyone compared to Flanno then it's easy to see what's more enticing for potential recruits...

FlickFlano

Juniors
You could be the number 10 on Hunt's back and he would play exactly the same way that he does now. Anyone who thinks 6/7 makes any difference is being a bit silly.

Won’t be this year, I think the kid has a broken leg

Latest posts