What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Squad List

qld redvee

Juniors
I think our wing options next year of Sione Finau, Feagai, Corey Allen and Tuipulotu hold better claims than Ravalawa. If we are stuck with him I wonder if he is best suited to moving into the middle on a Rueben Wiki style backs to forwards transition. A simple role of strong hitups, possible hole running on the edge and his strong defence (though not sprinting out of the line!!).
Or we take a slight haircut and he heads to the UK..
Be happy to take the haircut, gives us a new player

since77

Juniors
If he remains at the club and is on big money far better we at least attempt top do something rather than do nothing at all.

As I said he hasn't played outside anyone with any smarts I mean our entire back-line is just about the dumbest and most dis-functional in the comp in almost every aspect of back-line play so Holmes might just be the answer to unlocking him and getting a better outcome.

By the way the pass Hunt threw should never have been thrown as a good half would have seen there was already confusion between the two players.

Hunt very rarely ever takes the tackle to stop a dumb play becoming even dumber.
I'm more livid at what he did after that first mixup. Not diving on the ball a few minutes later was just criminal and handed Parra their first try. And his defensive reads throughout the game were as bad as ever. I just don't think there's any more upside to Rav at this stage of his career. If we end up stuck with him because our hilariously incompetent recruitment team had previously signed him on a stupid money deal then let's see if he can knuckle down and fight his way back from the NSW cup team next year.

And yeah, don't get me started on Hunt. We definitely agree on him.

possm

Coach
I dont mind Boyd, like his running and kicking game... I think he got a rough deal (which all failed halves do).. but havent watched him this year.. if we could get him + someone else for the swap id be interested.

But tbf didnt the dolphins enquire recently about hunt and we said no? They'd have OSullivan or someone else they would have traded..

One thing about Hunt though is hes never injured.. most other halves in the game get injuries during a year.. we need someone else to cover that also.. so u could get 2 fringe halves and play them off against eachother.
We don't need to trade Hunt for a fringe halfback. Just let Hunt go and we can buy who we like with the cap saving.

TheRev

Coach
Hmmm Max was off-contract already so he wasnt one of the guys we were trying to move on.. but this could be an indication we are chasing someone different..

Archived link

Latest posts