What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Squad List

TheRev

Coach
He's not included in the top 30 next year. Club have employed him out of their own pocket (not the salary cap), spreading his 2024 contract payments over 2024 and 2025. Was announced earlier in the year, his spot doesn't need to be freed up
Carayannis actually confirmed it recently, Ramsey was the mystery 30th player.. we either have to medically retire him or he counts in our squad.. its not a choice we made its just the arrangement.. so I suspect that maybe he retires during next season and we try get someone mid-year.. all speculative at this stage... from Codys perspective he would have to be ready to give up footy.

But it does hurt because we are so stretched already for backline depth positions.

Parko1310

Juniors
Carayannis actually confirmed it recently, Ramsey was the mystery 30th player.. we either have to medically retire him or he counts in our squad.. its not a choice we made its just the arrangement.. so I suspect that maybe he retires during next season and we try get someone mid-year.. all speculative at this stage... from Codys perspective he would have to be ready to give up footy.

But it does hurt because we are so stretched already for backline depth positions.
Strange that the Dragons gave a different impression earlier in the year with what they said if that's the case.. surely we could apply to the NRL again to have him removed from the top 30 for next season? Maybe it was a wait and see situation.. I mean he's zero chance of playing the game in 2025, so on that basis (as Corey Allan was removed and paid out for not being able to play in 2024), surely we could just revisit the issue and apply to have Ramsay removed from the 30 again

TheRev

Coach
Strange that the Dragons gave a different impression earlier in the year with what they said if that's the case.. surely we could apply to the NRL again to have him removed from the top 30 for next season? Maybe it was a wait and see situation.. I mean he's zero chance of playing the game in 2025, so on that basis (as Corey Allan was removed and paid out for not being able to play in 2024), surely we could just revisit the issue and apply to have Ramsay removed from the 30 again
Yeah I feel like they hid that piece of information from us.. perhaps so there was less pressure on Cody.. plus they wouldnt have known how & when things would play out.. maybe we could apply for dispensation again from the NRL.. or maybe its a 'now or never' stage for Ramsey.

But when Flanno/Webb suddenly went from chasing '2' props back to 'we can only fit 1', thats when the Ramsey situation become apparent.. who knows what discussions took place behind the scenes.

Parko1310

Juniors
Yeah I feel like they hid that piece of information from us.. perhaps so there was less pressure on Cody.. plus they wouldnt have known how & when things would play out.. maybe we could apply for dispensation again from the NRL.. or maybe its a 'now or never' stage for Ramsey.

But when Flanno/Webb suddenly went from chasing '2' props back to 'we can only fit 1', thats when the Ramsey situation become apparent.. who knows what discussions took place behind the scenes.
Yeah.. we desperately need a couple of signings but I certainly don't want to rush Cody into a decision. It's why we need players like Lawrie, Rava, Bird, M Molo and Fifita gone first and foremost (probably in that order in terms of cruciality). I feel we should play hard ball on this and ask the NRL for dispensation again. It's not a good look at all for them to force a player into medical retirement I wouldn't think.

BLM01

First Grade
Not at all smart for Hunt to shift the ball in our own 10 metres no doubt.. but that play we do again and again and again. Ball was clearly going to Su'a.. Ravalawa gets in the way because he decides he wants a run even if it means taking the ball off his own teammate. Got in the way and dropped it.. clearly his fault. Whilst a dumb play, Su'a obviously catches the ball and the set goes on.
Not sure about the game plan but Rava normally takes the 2nd hit up like that in most set starts
He was on auto pilot but no excuse for dropping it

If he remains at the club and is on big money far better we at least attempt top do something rather than do nothing at all.

As I said he hasn't played outside anyone with any smarts I mean our entire back-line is just about the dumbest and most dis-functional in the comp in almost every aspect of back-line play so Holmes might just be the answer to unlocking him and getting a better outcome.

By the way the pass Hunt threw should never have been thrown as a good half would have seen there was already confusion between the two players.

Hunt very rarely ever takes the tackle to stop a dumb play becoming even dumber.