What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

24 Hour NRL channel

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Fox league?!?! that's a pretty poor effort. just doesnt sound right at all, the adverts will sound very awkward.

Never really in favour of a standalone channel, should just stay on FS1 as it is currently with more content across the FS channels would have been fine imo

Perth Red

Post Whore
Don't blame Fox. It's the NRL's responsibility to create and choose their branding. Not hard for them to make a phone call to Fox and insist on what the name for the channel carrying their sport is called or have included it in the negotiations when the concept of the 24/7 RL channel came up..

Well NRL have pretty much dropped rugby league so cant really blame Fox for not using it!
Not sure when NRL became a sport rather than a competition.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Maybe by naming the channel Fox League they've left it open to be used as a Rugby League channel instead of just an NRL channel.

Maybe they're hoping that they can pick up some other international competitions TV rights on the cheap and that they'll get pretty good ratings for them by using the new channel as a basis for them.
Maybe They'll attempt to get the Australian broadcasting rights to any internationals from around the world that are televised, maybe they'll try to get the rights to the Toronto Wolfpacks' games, Championship (if it's televised), the French Competition (if it's televised), etc.
Maybe they're looking into having an NRL 360 style show for the game outside of the NRLs' borders. Maybe they're looking into expanding their coverage of the Qcup and NSWcup to televise more of those competitions matches.

I know I wouldn't watch mostly repeats in between the rounds of the NRL, which seems to be Fox Footys' modus operandi, but I'd watch as much of that as possible.

I don't have an issue with the name Fox League, I think its a good name and you're right, we'll have other competitions on there not just NRL. We've wanted this for a long time and its finally going to happen.

I quite enjoyed the weekly highlights of the English Super League and I hope there's a program where they look at the rest of the RL World, not just the big 3, but other countries and their progress, especially the Wolfpack, and the build up to the next world cups. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't but would be great.

Generalzod

Immortal
The way that FOX was promoting this League channel I had the impression that it was going to start on New Years day.

roofromoz

First Grade
The online Foxtel guide goes 2 weeks into the future, which now includes the Nines - it's on 502. No mention of Fox League.

Latest posts