What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2GB News Villasanti

Balmain_Boy

Have to agree with Ink here. You can't just say the "rumours are crap" without some sort of proof.

If you mean "the rumours are probably just rumours" or "the rumours aren't necessarily true", then sure.

mulvihill

Juniors
You know what sticks more
Beigger faster forwards in other sides monstering us in the ruck and our foirwards making no metres

mulvihill

Juniors
The onus isn't on someone to disprove a rumour

It's on those peddling the rumour to substatiate the rumour with fact

Was he charged criminally .. NO
Did the ARL publicly name him (which they would have done with proof) .. NO
Has he been named publicly by anyone .. NO

simon says

First Grade
Balmain_Boy said:
Have to agree with Ink here. You can't just say the "rumours are crap" without some sort of proof.

If you mean "the rumours are probably just rumours" or "the rumours aren't necessarily true", then sure.
\

All those three sentences mean exactly the same thing.....the rumours are unsubstantiated......yer just playing with semantics.

simon says

First Grade
mulvihill said:
The onus isn't on someone to disprove a rumour

It's on those peddling the rumour to substatiate the rumour with fact

Was he charged criminally .. NO
Did the ARL publicly name him (which they would have done with proof) .. NO
Has he been named publicly by anyone .. NO

Agreed again.....

Balmain_Boy

Sorry Simon, but the vehemence with which you said seemed to insinuate you knew something more. Which you don't.

Young Elias

Juniors
Back when he was in top form he was pulling off some of the biggest hits I've ever seen. We definitely need some mongrel, his actions would hopefully inspire Keiffy, Gibbs etc to get the f**k amongst it for once!

colonel_123

Juniors
Re: providing proof to dispel the rumours, I recall a newspaper article recently claiming that new evidence had emerged that cleared the un-named player said to be responsible for the thefts on the 2003 tour.

innsaneink

Referee
I think I'm just trying to convince myself, but he would probably be the best of whats left on the market....I hope he can regain some of his best form if he does in fact sign with us as it looks like he will, though I cant help but think his best forms forever behind him.

brook

First Grade
innsaneink said:
I think I'm just trying to convince myself, but he would probably be the best of whats left on the market....I hope he can regain some of his best form if he does in fact sign with us as it looks like he will, though I cant help but think his best forms forever behind him.

One thing about villa was that he loved the club and didn't want to leave. Its always a possibility that his loss of form since leaving could be at least in part to simply being unhappy over in nz? He hasn't really been in cronulla for long enough to turn things around yet so its hard to tell.

We do need to sign a prop, and if Villa can sort out the issues that have been holding him back he could turn into a very good buy indeed. If he doesn't, at least he wouldn't cost too much.

grego

Juniors
Weasels Ripped My Flesh said:
Villa would be a top buy assuming Sheens can whip him into shape, both mentally and physically, and get some of the dirt outta his game.
You must be thinking ALAN JONES is still at the tigers he's into this isn't he :lol: :lol: :lol:

simon says

First Grade
Balmain_Boy said:
Sorry Simon, but the vehemence with which you said seemed to insinuate you knew something more. Which you don't.

I have heard something.....but they are without any proof,not unlike the allegations that came to pass.

simon says

First Grade
colonel_123 said:
Re: providing proof to dispel the rumours, I recall a newspaper article recently claiming that new evidence had emerged that cleared the un-named player said to be responsible for the thefts on the 2003 tour.

Yeah,funny that.Didnt get much coverage.

gr8_1

Juniors
Off the record
Will Swanton and Amy Lawson
4 June 2006
Sun Herald

Huge apology due loner Roo

THE man pinned as the Kangaroo tour thief was wrongly accused. All hell broke loose on the 2003 tour of England when money and personal belongings, including priceless Test jumpers, were stolen from the players' hotel rooms. All fingers were pointed in the one direction. The ARL launched an inquiry but found no proof against the alleged villain. Every league supporter knows who we're talking about. Sadly for him, the mud has always stuck - but we keep hearing he was framed because he was a loner on the tour and an easy target. The real culprit got away, except for his representative career having plummeted.

Bench
Thanks Gr81,I couldn't find the article,pitty the retraction didn't get the coverage of the original crime.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
The real culprit got away, except for his representative career having plummeted.
Interesting, the 2003 Kangaroo squad was:

Michael Crocker, Craig Fitzgibbon, Shannon Hegarty, Anthony Minichiello, Luke Ricketson, Craig Wing, Willie Mason, Joel Clinton, Luke Lewis, Ryan Girdler, Craig Gower, Trent Waterhouse, Phil Bailey, Brett Kimmorley, Matt Sing, Petero Civoniceva, Michael De Vere, Darren Lockyer Capt., Shane Webcke, Danny Buderus, Steve Simpson, Richard Villasanti, Robbie Kearns, Darren Smith (late call up).

I'd say that the representative career of the following has plummeted since the tour:

Shannon Hegarty
Joel Clinton
Phil Bailey
Richard Villasanti

Skinner

Coach
Tiger Hawk said:
Interesting, the 2003 Kangaroo squad was:

Michael Crocker, Craig Fitzgibbon, Shannon Hegarty, Anthony Minichiello, Luke Ricketson, Craig Wing, Willie Mason, Joel Clinton, Luke Lewis, Ryan Girdler, Craig Gower, Trent Waterhouse, Phil Bailey, Brett Kimmorley, Matt Sing, Petero Civoniceva, Michael De Vere, Darren Lockyer Capt., Shane Webcke, Danny Buderus, Steve Simpson, Richard Villasanti, Robbie Kearns, Darren Smith (late call up).

I'd say that the representative career of the following has plummeted since the tour:

Shannon Hegarty
Joel Clinton
Phil Bailey
Richard Villasanti

Tiger Hawke, I would not even be speculating.

Skinner

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Why does it even have to be a player? There would have load of people coming and going, some of whom had nothing to do with the team.

Fair dinkum, some folks just want to gossip for the sake of it.

Latest posts