What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd ODI: Australia v Zimbabwe in Townsville (Riverview Stadium) Aug 31st, 2022

TheParraboy

Staff member
The Australians would be looking to wrap up this series here id imagine

Then Look forward to another 3 ODI series v black caps in September in Cairns

TheParraboy

Staff member
Zim 7/87
Anyones game

No Wessly heroics this time around a big quack

Surely we bat first if we win the toss again in the third (potential decider) game…

TheParraboy

Staff member
Kerry Okeefe.....

I suspect Zimbabwe wont want a respectable total, they would be wanting to get 170 and they can

Zim 8/93 in the 27th over

Fangs

Coach
They might elevate olde Maxy to finish this off within 10 overs. Might see an exhibition 20/20 match afterwards, has happened before in the past.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I dont understand logic of bowling first again especially after already doing it sunday.

Give your batters some time to find some rhythm

TheParraboy

Staff member
They might elevate olde Maxy to finish this off within 10 overs. Might see an exhibition 20/20 match afterwards, has happened before in the past.

Not sure if there ever has been, when a sanctioned international has just been played

Probably if it was a big crowd should be considered

Looks like only relos and friends there

Fangs

Coach
Not sure if there ever has been, when a sanctioned international has just been played

Probably if it was a big crowd should be considered

Looks like only relos and friends there

Let me dig around. I can remember two occasions I think, once against England and another involving Sri Lanka. Not sure on the opponent but they were both during the Australian Summer. They were just exhibition matches.

Fangs

Coach
@TheParraboy

I was confused. This was an 'Australia A' match. Sri Lanka got thrashed so badly they played a 25 over match after the other game ended. I think there might be one more from memory.

In reply, Australia A openers Greg Blewett and Jimmy Maher both made 28 not out as their side reached the target in 11.5 overs and less than an hour, in one of the most emphatic victories imaginable.

Only an Australian Cricket Board (ACB) decision to stage a second, 25-overs-a-side exhibition match gave the 10,224-strong crowd and television viewers the chance to see cricket under lights.