What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Row for Vidot

krispyredv

Juniors
Let's be honest here Vidot is not the most intelligent footballer who reads the game well in both attack and defense. If he had a good footy brain the guy would already be playing rep footy with the strength and power he possesses. He is a player that does not inspire confidence and if I was a team mate I would be holding my breath when the next unforced error will come. that's why second row is a good option just barge and run.

Disagree, his runs for us coming out of trouble inspire plenty of confidence and he is one who can turn the momentum back in our favour when we are in trouble. Close to the line he is almost impossible to stop ifhe charges onto a good pass.

Father Ted

First Grade
Problems is that he runs like a back, not a forward.....

The day we watched him , he let two balls bounce that Steven Hawkins could have caught in his motorised wheel chair with his synthetic voice calling Mine, mine the second of which i pointed out to Willow and ran like a girl.. I'm convinced he's a confidence guy who I have just damaged mentally yet again.. :oops:

BennyV

Referee
I understand that but I don't think he will do well at centre. I hope I'm wrong. I'd prefer they release him and go after Folau.

He played centre last year for NZ and was great. Got good footwork, can pass the ball, and is solid enough in defense. He's a smart footballer too.

mightydragon

Juniors
Beale will be a very good right centre if Dugan stays. He is quick and can pass to Nighty. Both of our wingers aren't getting quality ball atm.

jenninga

First Grade
I have said for over a year now, Vidot would make a good backrow forward. All he needs to do is spend some time making the necessary adjustments with the Cutters. He needs to improve his defence, handling and off-loading skills. It would also help he could develop a step before the line.
Vidot never puts hios body on the line,remember the shoulder charge against Manly,instead of trying to tackle one on one,he shoulder charges and concedes a penalty,gutless stuff.He is like T Rex, takes it up from a standing start.

Dragons_Head

Juniors
can anyone shed some light on how vidot went in the back row?

strong runnning, usually carrying a few defenders... and he didnt look out of place in defence, probably with enough game time in the back row he could make a damaging impact player for us

gorilla

First Grade
Problems is that he runs like a back, not a forward.....

If you want to see how a forward runs, check out the Wynn bros, or Reddy, or any other good second rower, cause when people say stick Vidot in the forwards, they're talking 2nd row. Not prop, not lock.

It's an elbows, knees and thrusting run, to get past and through, not just run forward and not use you weight to slowly push forward. The guy doesn't even have the attack of Roy Ferguson or Mick Beattie.......

He's a dumb winger. The only comparison I've got is 'hands at center' - Brent Kite, who spent ages running into potential gaps only to drop the ball.

The difference there was, Kite could run a line.

Vidot runs like a dumb back.

Sometimes you natural size can be a disadvantage, when you don't learn the differential that smaller people learn through hardship.

Latest posts