What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: Australia v Sri Lanka @ Galle Jul 8-12, 2022

TheParraboy

Staff member
Same lineup of the Aussies id assume?

Great thing being 1-0 up in a two test series, we cant now lose the series and have already retained the Warne-Murali Cup 🤓

Friday 230pm kickoff

Fangs

Coach
Maxy potentially in the side for his bowling is bizzare.

But I am liking the new aggressive approach from middle/late order batsman that we are seeing. They might call it 'bazzball' but Travis Head has been doing it for a while now. Sri Lanka took the same approach with Dickwella. Pant plays the same role for India.

I'll be interested to see if SA and WI do it this summer.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Sri Lanka: 1 Pathum Nissanka, 2 Dimuth Karunaratne (capt), 3 Kusal Mendis, 4 Angelo Mathews, 5 Dinesh Chandimal. 6 Kamindu Mendis, 7 Niroshan Dickwella (wk), 8 Ramesh Mendis, 9 Maheesh Theekshana, 10 Prabath Jayasuriya, 11 Kasun Rajitha

Australia: 1 David Warner, 2 Usman Khawaja, 3 Marnus Labuschagne, 4 Steven Smith, 5 Travis Head, 6 Cameron Green, 7 Alex Carey (wk), 8 Mitchell Starc, 9 Pat Cummins (capt), 10 Nathan Lyon, 11 Mitchell Swepson

Bazal

Post Whore
Why would you bother to pick Maxwell as a back up spinner, is he even as good a bowler as head or Labs??

Finger spin tends to do better in Sri Lanka, but he's not as good as Head anyways.

No harm done though he's not playing.

Also it's been a pretty decent week to have off with the manflu. Apart from my inevitable death from this awful disease anyway. Test matches at either end of the week and the Tour Dr France right through the middle