What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: Pakistan v Australia @ Karachi, March 12-16 2022

Sphagnum

Coach
Ok I have to call this as I see it and it hurts my heart but Cummins is the worst test captain I can remember
He is a fast bowler mate. He probably realised the pitch had slowed right down and decided their best chance was the spinners. In the end, you have to concede he was right because they created plenty of chances, we just didn’t take them.

Smug Panther

First Grade
He is a fast bowler mate. He probably realised the pitch had slowed right down and decided their best chance was the spinners. In the end, you have to concede he was right because they created plenty of chances, we just didn’t take them.
He's the best bowler in the world, needed to back himself.

And bowl Swepson for 20 less overs, giving Labs and Smiffy and crack

JJ

Immortal
Great fight back there…

disappointing for Aust, Lyon couldn’t quite get it done…

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I’m shocked Swepson bowled so poorly, poor bastard has barely played a first class game in how long and then they throw him in the deep end and bowl 60 overs while partnered with a bald useless straight breaker.

We lost this game when we were too gutless to send them back in, bowled spin in the last hour when you have the best quick in the world in the side. Waqar mentioned earlier in commentary it’s normally the quicks to do the damage on day 5. The collective cricketing IQ of this side is rather poor Smith included not sure why people are so shocked there is a reason why Paine hung on as long as he did.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Oh Paddy, what a fall from grace, follow on ffs

Easy in hindsight but we only needed another 3 wickets and we had time if we didn't bat

Apart from not following on, poor fielding cost us, dropping a bloke who makes a double ton being the big one

And lols @ anyone comparing Swepson on debut to the bald goat who has played a gazillion tests and is still very average. How did the goat go in his first test match ?

I've seen plenty of Swepson at first class level to rate him considerably higher than the goat at first class who really only got into the Aussie team by default, as there was no one else. We really need to review this situation of having our 12th or 13th man playing no first class cricket, it may have cost us here imo. And you can't compare match conditions with bowling in the nets no matter how well he bowls in the nets.

Maybe Swepson just needed to get this test match under his belt.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I think we were 2/22 when Smith dropped Shafique, a sitter, went on to make 96 from 305 balls (over 50 overs). Khawaja dropping another sitter towards the end with 3-4 overs to go

On a docile deck you cant drop these, you dont easily get other opportunities, this is why we didn't win it.

May or may not have made a difference, but Swepson needed to play in an ashes test or two. Only played 2 Shield games all summer, and we expect him to carve up in hist first test ?

Valheru

Coach
And lols @ anyone comparing Swepson on debut to the bald goat who has played a gazillion tests and is still very average. How did the goat go in his first test match ?
5/34 and 1/73

Also on the sub continent with a first ball wicket to boot.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series...a-vs-australia-1st-test-516212/full-scorecard

Compared to 2/32 and 0/156.

The hate for Lyon on this particular forum is bizarre and now there appears to be a bit of a meltdown over Swepson being completely ineffective in the 2nd innings.

TheParraboy

Staff member
The hate for Lyon on this particular forum is bizarre and now there appears to be a bit of a meltdown over Swepson being completely ineffective in the 2nd innings.

Its pretty mild compared to the Parra forum and the abuse Brad Arthur gets

Plus EVERY right edge winger

Bazal

Post Whore
Lyon fanbois are funny.

It's not hate to recognise that a player is bog ordinary. It's the selectors/CAs fault for putting all their eggs in one basket.

With a man whose head looks like an egg

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
5/34 and 1/73

Also on the sub continent with a first ball wicket to boot.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series...a-vs-australia-1st-test-516212/full-scorecard

Compared to 2/32 and 0/156.

and he got 400 more games and has been a has disappointment

he has had so many chances to get us home in the 4th innings and failed us big time

if only he had some sort of variation in his game he might do much better with the chances he has been handed

edabomb

First Grade
I’m shocked Swepson bowled so poorly, poor bastard has barely played a first class game in how long and then they throw him in the deep end and bowl 60 overs while partnered with a bald useless straight breaker.

We lost this game when we were too gutless to send them back in, bowled spin in the last hour when you have the best quick in the world in the side. Waqar mentioned earlier in commentary it’s normally the quicks to do the damage on day 5. The collective cricketing IQ of this side is rather poor Smith included not sure why people are so shocked there is a reason why Paine hung on as long as he did.

Yup pretty ridiculous to run out of time in this scenario. Just needed to show some fortitude and enforce the follow on - that seems taboo these days though.

Latest posts