What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd tier salary cap pressure??

Old Timer

Coach
The problem is that if we had a motivated and driven side chosen on form we should be able to win 4 of our next 7 games. If the coach's attitude is more of the same and carry on regardless the Board should remove the coach now. Surely Brian Johnston and Peter Black on the joint Board should be getting on top of this. I write off Doust the architect of the demise and cardigan wearing Lockwood who plotted with Warren Saunders to merge with the Roosters prior to Carr being sacked.

Which 4 games are those?

We will be lucky to get 2 wins between now and season end regardless of who we pick.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
The way the team is playing now and with the current personnel I agree with you that the Dragons will be lucky to win 1-2 games.
I believe that we should regig the team so that it has the chance, firepower and motivation to win as many games as possible. We must demote Lafai, Rein, Fai-Fai Loa, Mc Crone and any other players who fail to respect possession, cannot take the high ball, are too slow, do stupid passes, can not kick for line or are not performing due to ongoing injury. Most of the tries scored against us are due to our silly mistakes not good play. If players are serial offenders drop them. The coach should only reward good performance and behavior not mediocrity. Most of our supporters find it difficult to watch our First Grade Team because it is is so pedestrian, error ridden and amateur. In the last few games Mann has been a breath of fresh air. There has been little else to praise.

The blooding of youth is part of the problem, but tbh under the current structure it doesnt matter who you introduce, the footy is being coached right out of them.. and we need to fix this asap (i.e. Marys structures), the players we have right now are capable of a lot more too, they are playing with shackles & out of position imo.
.... but at this stage I dont care anymore, maybe give them a game or 2 late season in 1st grade just for pure blooding purposes, Saints are not going to get the wooden spoon, were not going to make the finals.. its a rare window to set up for 2017.

Great Post

SaintPauli

Juniors
If Mann gets dropped again Mary seriously has no idea. Mann would be near our top try scorers for the season thus far! How many first grade games THIS YEAR??? LOL

TheRev

First Grade
If Mann gets dropped again Mary seriously has no idea. Mann would be near our top try scorers for the season thus far! How many first grade games THIS YEAR??? LOL
Mann will 100% be playing.. thats not even a debate.. which position I dont know, I reckon it will be left centre, fullback could be an option too, but he hasnt been training there since the early rounds.

Its the other positions that interest me.. the #1 & #7 in particular, the bench.. I wonder if we will finally see changes this week, though tbh I think its too little too late... but id still like the time to not be a complete waste (i.e. McCrone & Lafai should stay in the Cutters, and maybe not even be played there).

Old Timer

Coach
Mc Crone and Lafai are just taking up space in the Cutters which will further impede young players development.

Lafai is busted goods and Mc Crone has fallen into the abyss so what purpose will they really serve being selected.

No doubt some one will come along and say "back up for 1st grade" LOL

The Cobra

Juniors
Is it correct that the 2nd tier salary cap is $460,000.00?If so how have we breeched that by playing only 27/28 players?The only 2 who would be outside the top tier,IMO,would be Hutch & Host who have played a handful of games between them,so WTF?

GKJ79

Juniors
Is it correct that the 2nd tier salary cap is $460,000.00?If so how have we breeched that by playing only 27/28 players?The only 2 who would be outside the top tier,IMO,would be Hutch & Host who have played a handful of games between them,so WTF?

We haven't, Mcgregor is a liar, full of piss and wind.
# £uck off Mcgregor

Lovemedragons

Juniors
We haven't, Mcgregor is a liar, full of piss and wind.
# £uck off Mcgregor

Don't know if McGregor is a liar or he has, along with the rest of the clowns running the joint, simply mismanaged the whole mess. I would love an explanation which makes sense, it smells.

Latest posts