What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2SM and Talkin' Sport.

SharkShocked

Bench
I apologize in advance - but i've sent them an email (i never call or email them, but listen on my way home from work). In relation to a story a recently retired touch judge told me about when Harrigan was head of the refs.

Seeing as they've been on the sack Archer / bring back Harrigan wagon lately.

Be interesting to see if they read it out.

no name

Coach
It sounded like the creator of Topball was on yesterday.
Anytime a player drops the ball, in any direction, they lose a tackle in the tackle count.
The refs get caught out counting to 6 on occasion, imagine adding this in.

Mr Saab

Referee
I heard the "drop ball" proposed rule. Do people actually think before they call? Yeah i know, 90% of callers have zero brain cells.

Yorrick Hunt

Juniors
I heard the "drop ball" proposed rule. Do people actually think before they call? Yeah i know, 90% of callers have zero brain cells.

And at least once a week you'll get the old "we need to go back to proper scrums". FMD - did these characters actually watch the game when scrums were contested? Do they not remember how many matches were decided by dodgy scrum penalties?

It sounded like the creator of Topball was on yesterday.
Anytime a player drops the ball, in any direction, they lose a tackle in the tackle count.
The refs get caught out counting to 6 on occasion, imagine adding this in.

What about when the Apex throws a forward pass?

Rowdy Panther

Juniors
And at least once a week you'll get the old "we need to go back to proper scrums". FMD - did these characters actually watch the game when scrums were contested? Do they not remember how many matches were decided by dodgy scrum penalties?
Yep, one old timer was on there yesterday mentioning that. Started off critisising Hughes because of all the negativity he has directed at Tony Archer. Why you would argue that in the first instance is beyond me because Archer is wrecking the game with the way refs are reffing under him, but old mate said why don't you have a go at it and stop bagging Archer.
Hughes responded by saying he is a broadcaster and it is his job to broadcast his views. That stopped old mate in his tracks and Pappy jumped in and asked if he had anything else he'd want to talk about and old mate replied with,
"Yeah, scrums. Back in the 50's..."
Pappy cut him off and yelled out,
"Yeah, yeah back in the good old days. The good ol' days. Scrums won't go back to the good ol' days. The game has changed and it's too dangerous to play scrums like that OK..."
Haha

The next caller was some roughie named Lisa from Lismore. I thought she was geeing up but she was dead set serious. Talking about greyhounds and harness racing. It was so weird. Trying to make dog jokes among other dribble coming out of her mouth. She made Kath and Kim sound cultured and well cultivated. You could here Pappy trying hard not to be heard giggling when she was on.

Was an interesting drive home listening yesterday. Must have been a full moon.

Iafeta

Referee
Hughes got an email criticising him and ManTits about referees and their views. Hughes disagrees entirely that Harrigan was anything but a perfect referee and his lax approach to avoiding penalties has apparently in no way influenced the current mob who turn a blind eye.

Hughes might want to listen to Triple M. Harrigan freely admits he would often not blow penalties. Particularly if a team was getting beaten. Or they'd had a rush of penalties against them.

That to me is the very definition of poor refereeing. Try again Graeme old son. The refs were rubbish in your day too even though you deny it. As for the play the balls being a joke, they're better than the replays I've seen of Mantits lying on the ground and berthing one out the blerta which was play on.

no name

Coach
Hughes got an email criticising him and ManTits about referees and their views. Hughes disagrees entirely that Harrigan was anything but a perfect referee and his lax approach to avoiding penalties has apparently in no way influenced the current mob who turn a blind eye.

Hughes might want to listen to Triple M. Harrigan freely admits he would often not blow penalties. Particularly if a team was getting beaten. Or they'd had a rush of penalties against them.

That to me is the very definition of poor refereeing. Try again Graeme old son. The refs were rubbish in your day too even though you deny it. As for the play the balls being a joke, they're better than the replays I've seen of Mantits lying on the ground and berthing one out the blerta which was play on.
Yeah, Hughes wasn't having a bar of any criticism of Harrigan.
Even the Toff pulled him up a bit and said that Harrigan was the start of 'game management' era.

Mr Saab

Referee
One of the Dragons callers has to be John. He goes off. Losing to the Knights is excuseless. I dont care if the referees were Gomersall and Maksoud with bunker officials Kelvin Jeffes and Neil Almond.
You dont lose to the knights when you are a semi final contender.

Rowdy Panther

Juniors
One of the Dragons callers has to be John. He goes off. Losing to the Knights is excuseless. I dont care if the referees were Gomersall and Maksoud with bunker officials Kelvin Jeffes and Neil Almond.
You dont lose to the knights when you are a semi final contender.
Yep. Heard the call from John and that is exactly the way the call played out, and all in that whiny irritating voice of his.Like hearing fingernails screech down a chalkboard.