What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 Raiders vs. Warriors

greeneyed

First Grade
I agree with R69 on Howell.

Ed, guess who is getting all the 3 points this week... why? Scoring two tries was a big part of it.

edabomb

First Grade
greeneyed said:
I agree with R69 on Howell.

Ed, guess who is getting all the 3 points this week... why? Scoring two tries was a big part of it.

IMO there is a big difference in scoring two tries to help your side win by 4 points rather than scoring two tries to help your team lose by 18. Especially when you've offered nothing at all in the first 60 minutes of the game. Just me I guess.

azza

Juniors
To be fair to GE, he's hyped up Carney more than anyone over the past season and a half so he probably needs to give him 3 points at every opportunity in order to not make himself look like a goose. Don't think it's having the desired effect though.

Boing Boing

Juniors
Kris_man said:
And I suggest you watch a replay of his absurd schoolboy-esque obstruction play :)

Also, three people have shouted out to the "tongue doubters" - Wtf?? Who the hell are guys you referring to. No-one's bagged Tongue since my "Alan Tongue - What's he done" thread two years ago, which has since been updated with teh "Alan Tongue - What's he done pt.2" thread. In fact, the bluey been quite the forum favourite for some time.
legend last week said tounge wasn't first grade standard. but to his credit he happily ate his humble pie

woodgers

Bench
Tongue - 2
Thurling - 2
Thommo - 1
Frawley - 1

I didn't think Rothery was that good to be honest. He made some crucial mistakes at critical points in the match. That isn't to say I don't like him though.

Mal Meninga

Bench
He played alright but he definately made some crucial mistakes.
I always thought he was going to become a good player but he's always injured so it may be time for him to move on.

albi

Juniors
3 Tongue
2 Thurling
1 Frawley

And despite what some people say, Todd Byrne is not that slow. Sure he was the victim of one of the most famous tackles of all time (Scott Sattler), but last year I saw him run down Wesser to save a try.

greeneyed

First Grade
azza said:
To be fair to GE, he's hyped up Carney more than anyone over the past season and a half so he probably needs to give him 3 points at every opportunity in order to not make himself look like a goose. Don't think it's having the desired effect though.

Thanks mate. :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
woodgers said:
Tongue - 2
Thurling - 2
Thommo - 1
Frawley - 1

I didn't think Rothery was that good to be honest. He made some crucial mistakes at critical points in the match. That isn't to say I don't like him though.

agreed
he was alright, did some tidy things, and would certainly retain his spot but i dont think he was in the points

Roy Rover

Juniors
3 Tongue
2 Thurling
1 Withers - everytime Muss hit the ball up Withers was the first to meet him. Managed to really sting him on one occasion too. Definitely deserves a point for effort.

woodgers

Bench
I had one of those 'oh sh*t' moments when Withers rushed up to smash Wiki, the game went in slow motion for a second as my brain tried to grasp where the Raiders #9 brain cells were hiding in the last 4 seconds and also half praying that he was alive to tell the tale.

Then he hit him and knocked him on his arse and I adjusted the old contacts and rubbed my eyes.....a guy who has spent 6 weeks falling off players like Dean Holdsworth, Kurt Gidley and Jamie Soward buried one of the most fearsome players in the game....

I then prayed again that Withers hurt a toenail or something and got to have an early shower for protection.

Chachi

Bench
azza said:
Get off the hallucinogenics, quick smart.
Dude, the guy drops the ball with 5 mins to go which is the only reason we win the game. He deserves a point more than anyone else I can think of.

P.S. I was (half) joking. Give my 1 point to Matthew Corkery for all I care. Better still, give it to Smith - according to some here, he has been one of our best this year. Those midfield bombs are tops.

Latest posts