What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Cowboys

vvvrulz

Coach
3. TMM - Absolutely owns the 7 jersey, to the point where we look all set for life without SJ.
2. CNK - Ridiculous work rate aside, I love how he turns up everywhere on the park alert and ready.
1. Berry - Glad to see him slot straight into top gear, his trump card is nailing anyone coming his way.

Barnett outstanding again, Harris looked far better compared to the start of the season.
Not one Warrior failed to show up, especially pleasing to see AFB not phoning it in.

It's rare to see a Warriors team that won't fold and die when key players are out. I go back to SJ's broken leg in 2015 ending the season, or RTS getting injured early in the 2018 playoff.

Exciting times ahead!

JJ

Immortal
3. TMM - Absolutely owns the 7 jersey, to the point where we look all set for life without SJ.

Cool your jets there big fella. TMM has been around a while, and had strung together a few good games before at several clubs

vvvrulz

Coach
Cool your jets there big fella. TMM has been around a while, and had strung together a few good games before at several clubs

Well, yes. Not here though.

My only point is that this feels the first time we're seeing a real successor to SJ.
Metcalf + CHT don't appear to have ceilings as high.

Reactions: JJ

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
3- Ford. This club has always been built in its successful times on hard working, no nonsense forwards who make the team better with effort. Think Luck, Campion, Mannering, Barnett this year, Harris etc. Ford is this. Just loves the hard work.
2- TMM. We don't win the last 3 without his direction
1- Pompey. I think dead eye goal kicking should factor in and he has been deadly. Also feels like he's added a bit with his footwork in attack, and has always been good on D.

Webster should be eligible for points, too. Incredible coaching effort over the last 3 weeks. Speaks volumes of the guy that he was willing and able to change what wasn't working. And I reckon under a different coach, AFB might be gone, too

Izz

Bench
Another week where it's really hard to give out points, in a good way...

3 - AFB - Monster return, awesome to see
2 - TMM - Another great game
1 - Ford - Aside from that initial penalty (which could've gone against any of the 3 decoys), he had a really good game. The middle seems to suit him

HMs - absolutely everyone. That being said, while this was a pretty complete performance (and it was nice to see the team firing after a bye), I don't think it was quite a statement win, as the Cowboys imo aren't that good. Next week against the Storm will be a much better barometer as to whether we've righted the ship.

Hope Egan coming off when he did was just Webby's improved bench use, and not an injury issue.

Further to me not thinking North Queensland are that good, Payton is now in his 4th season at the star-studded Cowboys, who are full of both Origin and International reps. Apart from 2022, he's been pretty average. With the roster they have, shouldn't they be top 4?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Further to me not thinking North Queensland are that good, Payton is now in his 4th season at the star-studded Cowboys, who are full of both Origin and International reps. Apart from 2022, he's been pretty average. With the roster they have, shouldn't they be top 4?
Have a look in the Cows forum or the “next coach to be sacked” thread in the NRL forum. Todd is on thin ice.

Blair

Coach
3. Big Addin. I dunno, it's just a big three to the whinging one. It's a comeback, and a show of mettle, of sorts.

2. Charnze - if you look back on our forum when we re-signed him from Canberra it wasn't positive. Some of us said he'll offer nothing much and his best days were behind him.

1. Martin - I want to get in quick as I fear he'll go back into his shell once Johnson's back. He's had a sensational three weeks, as we know. It's saved our season and even given us a reason to dream.

Meth

Staff member
Warrior of the Week is Te Maire Martin

Martin 45
Ford 18
Fonua Blake 16

Barnett 10
Nicoll-Klokstad 9
Barry 6
Pompey 3
Watene-Zelezniak 1

18 voted