What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Eels

legend

Coach
Very hard to pick due to the number of excellent performances. Will be a very close run thing this week.

1 - Best
1 - Plum
1 - Logan
1 - Turner
1 - Campese
1 - Dobson

Macko8

Juniors
I thought all players were great, i too am going to pick 1 point each

1 Milne- great under high ball, very quick.
1 Dobson- played 100% better tonight.glad his here for another year.
1 Withers- improved heaps under henry.
1 Thompson- our go forward always sky rockets when thommo comes on.
1 Plum- he looks the goods, great tackler.
1 Weyman- thought weyman played his best game in years

legend

Coach
Weyman brough the fire and aggressions tonight and gave away at least four penalties from memory. He needs to learn controlled aggression but if we take that fire in against the Knights next week with Costigan back in the team, we'll be very hard to beat.

JasonE

Bench
3. Dobson - controlled and dominated the awesome 1st half. Gave Tim Myth a lesson.
2. Logan - should be in the Qld squad, layed the platform
1. Campese - added some real class.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
3 - Campo: did everything right, i felt he was more involved then dobson, who early on dominated quite well..also campo looks to have put on some pace compared to last season.

2 - Best: At the begining of the game i was gutted chalk was out, but Best played great..all his runs made at least 15m each time.

1 - Plum: great debut for the raiders, that tackle in goal vs Groathe was tops..gonna be hard finding room for all these guys come full squad time..

3- Campo , solid game took on line great stuff
2- Best , where has he been hiding , play like this every week please
1- Dobbo , future sorted for another year , great game
1-Withers , tackled hard and never dropped the ball.

Timbo

Staff member
3-Best (never thought I'd be saying that!)
2-Plum (as above!!!)
1-Campese

Chachi

Bench
3. Campese
2. Turner
1. Plum

Could also have given points to Withers, Logan and Best. It's clear the backline had a great performace when our forwards totally dominated from the kickoff.

twistedbydesign

Juniors
2 - Withers
1 - Dobson
1 - Zillman
1 - Campese
1 - Turner

Plenty of guys were really unlucky to miss out, particularly Logan and Tongue - the fact that they play this well every week probably counts against them when the whole team turns up.

As with c_r2k2 I was spewing at kick off when I saw Best roll out but he was fantastic. Cross also made a solid debut, and I grow fonder of the Milne/Zillman/Goodwin back three combination every week. Speed is a valuable commodity, and the Raiders haven't consistently had it out wide for years.

Zillman's game was one of the real highlights I thought. Fair enough, it's easier to make try saving tackles when your leading the game by 30 points than when your behind by 4 - but a couple of those tackles, particularly the one on growth, went way beyond my expectations at this point. Also on a couple of occasions Zilly (albeit unspectacularly) got into first reciever and ran a couple of plays. Given his experience in the halves I really think that using Zilly as both a ball player and a ball runner (Bowen/Hunt/Lockyer style of fullback) is one way that the Raiders can diversify their attack and really threaten good opponents.

Withers, Dobbo and Campo were all magnificent, but it is no coincidence that this came on the back of our dominance up front. Withers and Tongue look dangerous around the rucks after nearly every hit up that Logan makes.

Latest posts