What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Panthers

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Oz, what's with your waaaaay out of control boner for Maloney? He doesn't deserve the 3 points every week ffs.....this game was about our defence up the middle surely, it's not like Maloney had much to do on attack.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Oz, what's with your waaaaay out of control boner for Maloney? He doesn't deserve the 3 points every week ffs.....this game was about our defence up the middle surely, it's not like Maloney had much to do on attack.
i'm thinking he's taking the piss.

3. Henderson - His best game this year
2. Matulino - Some CRUCIAL TACKLES
1. Luck - Immense on D

Special mention - Lewis Brown & Jerome Ropati.

Could some explain to me exactly what Simon Mannering offers?

joseph1

Juniors
Solidarity. And defense. Hes michael lucks understudy. sh*t were gonna have to get inu and mateo firing on all cylinders to make the 17 at this rate, judging on their poor form last week.

hitman82

Bench
I lost the plot at the TV numerous times during this game, but surprised myself by aiming a blast at a Warriors player, which is very rare for me.
Mannering must do all his captaincy work away from the camera, because I never see him doing any of the things Price would.
Why he wasn't there chatting to that piece of sh*t referee on NUMEROUS occasions, I have no idea. He doesn't have an air of authority about him and he need him to stand up and fight for us. No wonder guys like Maloney get frustrated and run their mouths. His stats certainly don't highlight him as a stand out second rower either. I'd pick Lewis Brown, Ta'ai, Luck over him every time on this season's form. Simon certasinly isn't BAD, he just isn't...
anyway...

3.Brown - incredible in the centres. Huge power game.
2.Ropati - backed up well and didn't choke against a MUCH tougher oposition. Love his work.
1.Luck - Made at least a million tackles, and not just flops.

Packer (managed over 100m and 39 tackles, always present) and Matulino should also be in there, along with most of the team. Lousi did well with a start, moving on from his errors last week.

I gotta say once more, f**k that referee. So SO So so SO angry at him. If we had lost that it would have been heartbreaking. Massive guts and composure in total adversity.

super_coach

First Grade
3 points for the whole 17--best defensive effort I have seen in a long time and got some shocking calls from the ref

ozbash

Referee

Mate, Maloney led that team around the paddock superbly.

Our defence won us the game, no doubt but we are after our MOM here.

If Maloney had had an off day today, we'd have lost, he is our pivot atm...

3-Brown -Great on attack and defence.
2-Hendo - In every tackle he could, I think its the beard getting him going
1-Matulino - some great try savers.

Great all round effort.
Ref did his best to take it from us.
Gus and Sterlo where questioning a few calls, so you know your not seeing things when an Aussie agree' with you! Hayne should be dropped for the performance!
Johns looks like he is injured.
Wonders how Hohia and co will get back into the team when they come good?

Micistm

Bench
I lost the plot at the TV numerous times during this game, but surprised myself by aiming a blast at a Warriors player, which is very rare for me.
Mannering must do all his captaincy work away from the camera, because I never see him doing any of the things Price would.
Why he wasn't there chatting to that piece of sh*t referee on NUMEROUS occasions, I have no idea. He doesn't have an air of authority about him and he need him to stand up and fight for us. No wonder guys like Maloney get frustrated and run their mouths. His stats certainly don't highlight him as a stand out second rower either. I'd pick Lewis Brown, Ta'ai, Luck over him every time on this season's form. Simon certasinly isn't BAD, he just isn't...
anyway...

3.Brown - incredible in the centres. Huge power game.
2.Ropati - backed up well and didn't choke against a MUCH tougher oposition. Love his work.
1.Luck - Made at least a million tackles, and not just flops.

Packer (managed over 100m and 39 tackles, always present) and Matulino should also be in there, along with most of the team. Lousi did well with a start, moving on from his errors last week.

I gotta say once more, f**k that referee. So SO So so SO angry at him. If we had lost that it would have been heartbreaking. Massive guts and composure in total adversity.

Amen to that brother. Ref calls don't bother me all that often as they tend to even out, but this game IMO was the worst one sided reffing display I have seen in months, and I haven't been so angry about officiating watching a game for a couple of years. It was utterly disgraceful, reffing one side, and this guy should be dragged over the coals in the upcoming weeks. Terrible, terrible, terrible. we finally got the commentators saying it at the end of the game for vindication, but sh*t I was mad, we could have easily lost that game because he was only interested in reffing one side.

Otherwise- 3-2-1 can't be seperated to me, team effort. I'm so proud of that defensive effort under such pressure and harsh officiating. It is justice the Pathers blew every chance handed to them on a plate, but that takes nothing away from our guys that just never gave it up. Big ups to them

Blaze

Juniors
How good is Lewis Brown? Love him

It was certainly evident right from kick off that we had a lot of intensity about our defense. The ferocity that our forwards were hitting the Penrith ball carriers with, together with the desperation in our cover defence was a joy to watch. Certainly the most commited defensive performance from a Warriors outfit since 2008. On numerous occasions we had three or four guys swarming on the opposition winger when Penrith looked to move the ball and try and find the overlap. There was even great commitment shown in defence for Penrith's only try (which was pretty dubious anyway imo).

Ropati deserves a special mention as well. He looks revitalised at fullback. Certainly offering more than Hohaia has at fullback all year.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Mate, Maloney led that team around the paddock superbly.

Our defence won us the game, no doubt but we are after our MOM here.

If Maloney had had an off day today, we'd have lost, he is our pivot atm...

You are just giving him points (usually 3) every single week. It is ridiculous. I'm certainly warming to him but you seem to think he's like our Thurston or something.