What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Pennies

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
end of the day, i saw nothing new from last year !

1. a 40/20
2. 2 halves who hit like trains, & dont leave the line early leaving holes out wide
3. a long kicking game that is consistently + 50m
4. Hole runner receiving bullets, not lolliop passes.
5. a short kicking game that resulted in trys.

Theres 5 new things

I cant wait for a dry track & fully fit squad.

ps
6. all headlines about the game reading or inferring that Barrett was the star.

7 No headlines for kimmorley.

pss
Azzah you are none from one on you barrett hate. keep trying.

Last edited:

azzah72

Bench
1. a 40/20
2. 2 halves who hit like trains, & dont leave the line early leaving holes out wide
3. a long kicking game that is consistently + 50m
4. Hole runner receiving bullets, not lolliop passes.
5. a short kicking game that resulted in trys.

Theres 5 new things

I cant wait for a dry track & fully fit squad.

ps
6. all headlines about the game reading or inferring that Barrett was the star.

7 No headlines for kimmorley.

pss
Azzah you are none from one on you barrett hate. keep trying.

Hahaha!

You will clinch to anything wont you! I'm none from one? i don't think so, sure we won but i wasn't inspired! and to be honest, i'm not trying to get a tick on the board from you or anyone, I don't think i am or anyone is on a pedestal.

Barrett was always a bit of a media darling, always got a bit of a rap even when average!

Thats why i was surprised when he wasn't getting any mentions during the trials!

Headlines mean nothing these days, good to see you'll support them when it suits you but!

I don't think any player would of overshadowed hazem to get the headline last night, barret definitely wouldn't of!

all those things you mentioned were being done last year! every single one!

but even still you making it out like we put on 30+! we got 2 tries!!

Seymour kicked for barrett, similar play from last year!

then a nice cut out that resulted in a try because of Gallen! Barrett did that, good on him, that's what i expect!

but

his 40/20 was ok but didn't lead to anything, ran the ball once or twice but didn't lead to anything, alot of his lovely 50m+ kicks went down the throat of the pennies and none of this "excellent short game" resulted in tries, he also missed some great opportunities for cutting inside and dropped a few balls!! and when he wasn't doing that, he was missing!

i'm not on the hate with him, he was ok, but not that great! either was seymour for that matter!

Last edited:

spider

Coach
we played crap last night

the opposition fans know it, shark fans know it, the media know it, the players know it, and ricky stuart openly admitted it at the press conference

on a positive - we couldnt play that bad again

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Hahaha!

You will clinch to anything wont you! I'm none from one? i don't think so, sure we won but i wasn't inspired! and to be honest, i'm not trying to get a tick on the board from you or anyone, I don't think i am or anyone is on a pedestal.

Barrett was always a bit of a media darling, always got a bit of a rap even when average!

Thats why i was surprised when he wasn't getting any mentions during the trials!

Headlines mean nothing these days, good to see you'll support them when it suits you but!

I don't think any player would of overshadowed hazem to get the headline last night, barret definitely wouldn't of!

all those things you mentioned were being done last year! every single one!

but even still you making it out like we put on 30+! we got 2 tries!!

Seymour kicked for barrett, similar play from last year!

then a nice cut out that resulted in a try because of Gallen! Barrett did that, good on him, that's what i expect!

but

his 40/20 was ok but didn't lead to anything, ran the ball once or twice but didn't lead to anything, alot of his lovely 50m+ kicks went down the throat of the pennies and none of this "excellent short game" resulted in tries, he also missed some great opportunities for cutting inside and dropped a few balls!! and when he wasn't doing that, he was missing!

i'm not on the hate with him, he was ok, but not that great! either was seymour for that matter!

You ARE none from one. Barrett had a good game in atrocious conditions, despite what your weird review states. You went off early with your bias opinion of him & he has had a good game & left you with egg on your face. Keep with it though, its a long season & a 2 year contract.

spider

Coach
i really hope barrett fires for us regularly

no shark supporter would want him to fail, because that only weakens our team

but honestly, i hope we see more than a pass and a kick each week

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
i really hope barrett fires for us regularly

no shark supporter would want him to fail, because that only weakens our team

but honestly, i hope we see more than a pass and a kick each week

me too. But its 2 more than we got for the last 7 years of misery.

spider

Coach
too long GN

PJ corrected me

should have said 'play that bad again and win' - check out the team stats, its amusing

Frenzy.

Post Whore
too long GN

PJ corrected me

should have said 'play that bad again and win' - check out the team stats, its amusing

LOL yep

Under 1000 metres gained. Can't remember when that last happened. Pennies ran for over 1200.

Won the scrums. Won the penalties. Less LBs than them. Less OLs than them. Less metres than them. More missed tackles than them

Why are we we're whinging!! They should be slashing!!

azzah72

Bench
You ARE none from one. Barrett had a good game in atrocious conditions, despite what your weird review states. You went off early with your bias opinion of him & he has had a good game & left you with egg on your face. Keep with it though, its a long season & a 2 year contract.

If that helps you sleep at night then you can notch up any point against me or for yourself you want!

Wont stop me from thinking your off your dial.

And don't talk to me about going off early with my opinion, i watched him in england and know how he played here last time and he showed exactly the same in my opinion, some good, some silly, some non-existent.

He was very pre-meditated in my opinion which is something noddy used to get lynched for, he seemed predictable, something noddy used to get lynched for, he dissapeared for quite a few minutes, something i didn't want to see when his half partner had no match fitness.

but he did some ok things, my opinion of him still stands though not good, not bad! ok considering the conditions

runatme

Bench
3-gallen
2-barrett (what a kick for the 40/20) also had 20 on him for first try scorer
1-toops

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
He was very pre-meditated in my opinion which is something noddy used to get lynched for,

No. kimmorley got lynched for multiple things.

1. Cant kick. Now fixed with Barrett.
2. Cant pass right to left. more try assists on Kimmorleys leftside for the opposition proves that. problem now fixed with barrett
3. predictable, not premeditated. problem now fixed with barrett as he has a bag full of tricks. kimmoley just has a bag.
4 .Kimmorley talks up his rep chances every year. problem fixed. Baz dont care. he want a premiership for the Sharks
5 Scrambled eggs are easier to get of your face than soft fried apparently.

azzah72

Bench
No. kimmorley got lynched for multiple things.

1. Cant kick. Now fixed with Barrett.

you do come up with some corkers, this one is one of your best, kimmorley can kick, just about everyone in the footy community comments on his kicking all the time, he is a good kicker, your just, sh*t i dunno, simple

2. Cant pass right to left. more try assists on Kimmorleys leftside for the opposition proves that. problem now fixed with barrett
3. predictable, not premeditated. problem now fixed with barrett as he has a bag full of tricks. kimmoley just has a bag.

well there is a problem with having both i guess because barrett missed a few glaring oppourtunities last night because of what look like pre meditated ideas, couple of glaring overlaps, you would be ranting about all sorts if it was the Gnome

4 .Kimmorley talks up his rep chances every year. problem fixed. Baz dont care. he want a premiership for the Sharks

I specifically remember Barrett saying he wanted to get back in the rep scene in one of his first interviews and also did nothing but talk about the f**king dragons and how he wanted to sign with them but changed his mind last minute, that’s what ticked me off to begin with, I like how you lot conveniently like to forget sh*t that doesn't support your argument! I'll find the article tommorrow.

5 Scrambled eggs are easier to get of your face than soft fried apparently.

your an idiot hahaha, you really think i give two farts about you or having egg on my face if he goes well? that means the sharks go well, thats what i want, i don't think he will do anything different to kimmorley though nor be a "messiah" but i do think that we have a good team around him that will make him look good, much like the dogs did with kimmorley on sat night according to you lot!

amazing stuff reefy amazing how you can possibly look at barrett as something so amazingly different and great to kimmorley, they're near identical!!

Last edited:

snoozer

Bench
jeez azzah!

did barret steal your first 5 girlfriends or kill several members of your family?

coolumsharkie

Referee
Azzah you've made it quite clear that you don't rate him, thats fair enough. You've debated your point quite well too I might add.

Latest posts