What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Tightans

ozbash

Referee
Have only seen the first 20, so my picks for that ......

3- Hohaia
2- Seymour
1- Ukuma

this could change :cool:

and it did change, slightly.

Last edited:

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
i dunno, i stopped paying attention at the same time as the warriors did, so i've no idea who did what.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
The message from Cleary at halftime was that we were veering away from our stock standard gameplan of running it up the middle. Mannering said the same thing after the match. Personally don't think we did veer away from it too much, and that when we did, it wasn't so much us veering away from the gameplan, it was more a case of the Titans forcing us wider by limiting the effectiveness of all the dummy & one out running that we stuck to.
I don't have an issue with the Warriors starting every game with these same tactics, they're effective when we're able to get momentum going by attacking the opp line with quick straight running & with quick play the balls. The big question I have is, if the opposition contains us up the middle, then what? If we can't get quick play the balls, then what? Do our coaching staff have alternative tactics, or are we consigned to seeing our small pack get dominated and our attacking options being reliant on the boot of our halves when things don't work out for us up the middle?

Lego_Man

First Grade
The message from Cleary at halftime was that we were veering away from our stock standard gameplan of running it up the middle. Mannering said the same thing after the match. Personally don't think we did veer away from it too much, and that when we did, it wasn't so much us veering away from the gameplan, it was more a case of the Titans forcing us wider by limiting the effectiveness of all the dummy & one out running that we stuck to.
I don't have an issue with the Warriors starting every game with these same tactics, they're effective when we're able to get momentum going by attacking the opp line with quick straight running & with quick play the balls. The big question I have is, if the opposition contains us up the middle, then what? If we can't get quick play the balls, then what? Do our coaching staff have alternative tactics, or are we consigned to seeing our small pack get dominated and our attacking options being reliant on the boot of our halves when things don't work out for us up the middle?

That's what disturbed me the most. If we're simply not capable of spreading the ball (as was implied) then we're just a mediocre team and what's the point?

We might scrape into 7th/8th on defence but we're really just finals cannon fodder.

We need to pose more questions than the bomb to Manu. And have that philosophy.

Meth

Staff member
Have only seen the first 20, so my picks for that ......

3- Hohaia
2- Seymour
1- Matulino

this could change :cool:

why not watch the whole 80 minutes before awarding points

I'd go-

3- Hohaia
2- Manu
1- Packer

Credit to Luck for a strong game as well.

Maloney was awful. Lillyman was disappointing

ozreece77

Juniors
Interesting that people are giving Hohaia 3 points even though we are losing now that he is back in the team. Is he trying to be a hero and win the game at the expense of teamwork.? Never saw him supporting any runners at all during the game.
Just tried to beat players on his own with footwork and never looked to pass.
For me, it seems Cleary doesnt know who his top team is. He is picking on reputation rather than effort. When we were winning it was because of enthusiasm and a good attitude for the full 80. Seems to have disappeared now that "certain" players have got their spot back. I wish Rapira had returned this week. We definitely miss him even more now that Ropati isnt there to run the ball back. Between them thats about 36 runs a game and the quality of hit up wasnt there this week. Lilyman is useless. please send him to vulcans ffs. What has Sione Lousi done wrong?
For me the turning point in the game was Brown being called back for a knockon when it clearly went backwards. We score then and its 20-12. But a few minutes later they score. so 8point turnaround.
for what its worth:
Packer 3
Vatuvei 2
Hohaia 1

Last edited:

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
seriously, when was the last time anyone fell for the trademark hohaia dummy and step off the left foot?

Meth

Staff member
For me the turning point in the game was Brown being called back for a knockon when it clearly went backwards. We score then and its 20-12. But a few minutes later they score. so 8point turnaround.

Was gutted with that. That was a big moment in the match

Also, did the ball actually touch Seymour when he was rulled to have been accidentally offside?

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Was gutted with that. That was a big moment in the match

Also, did the ball actually touch Seymour when he was rulled to have been accidentally offside?

before the second rogers try? whoever it hit picked it up, didn't they?

Meth

Staff member
It came off Packer's legs and Packer picked it up; I think they ruled that it brushed Seymour before Packer picked it up; accidental offside

shinobi

Juniors
Did Lillyman add anything today? the starting backrow has no fire power and whys matulino being turned into a prop?

One Warrior

Bench
3. Packer
2. Manu
1. Hohaia

Why is Lilyman back in our most boring backrow, if he plays it should be as a prop of the bench at best, he has been surpassed in this role as well by Lattimore who continues to improve. I will not be happy about Lilyman until I hear that he has not been re-signed and spends the rest of the season in the Vulcans.

Warmess

Juniors
3. Packer
2. Vatuvei
1. Hendo

Definitely gone away from our strengths over the last couple of weeks.

What's with Ta'ai seemingly being relegated to a decoy runner for the ball to go out to Tate, especially near the line.. But wait, lets give the ball to Luck or Lillyman within 20m of the line so they can do sfa.

Martli

Coach
What's with Ta'ai seemingly being relegated to a decoy runner for the ball to go out to Tate, especially near the line.. But wait, lets give the ball to Luck or Lillyman within 20m of the line so they can do sfa.

Tell me about it man. Ta'ai is so dangerous inside the 20, but barely gets any ball there. It's just geniused.

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
You guys are on the money. They seem to be moving away from what has been working for them. Plus, there set plays always brake down with Luck or Royal. Ta'ai is the man, most attacking player close to the line.
Warriors need a rethink....and stop passing to Luck!