What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Tightans

PASSION

Juniors
Have only seen the first 20, so my picks for that ......

3- Hohaia
2- Seymour
1- Matulino

this could change :cool:

It certainly did change. Seymour has been back for a couple of games now. And there seems to be quite a difference between him and Maloney compared to the combination between Maloney and John. They were showing a lot more promise. Including directing the team. What has happened with our defense!!!

mean

Juniors
Interesting that people are giving Hohaia 3 points even though we are losing now that he is back in the team. Is he trying to be a hero and win the game at the expense of teamwork.? Never saw him supporting any runners at all during the game.
Just tried to beat players on his own with footwork and never looked to pass.

Know what you mean, was saying this weeks ago.

Iafeta

Referee
I find it hard to give any points, I thought across the board we were miles behind the 8 ball.

3 Hohaia - can't believe the bad wrap this bloke gets on various forums, he looks about the only one capable of going straight up main street for a line break
2 Packer - bad error early, but he tried hard to make up for it
1 Henderson - I just feel he brings the 'pack' onto the ball over the advantage line a lot better than Heremaia is currently. Heremaia's a decent player, but I wonder how much more penetrative we could be out of dummy half if we gave Nafe a chance. How is Mara going for the Vulcans?

Iafeta

Referee
Did Lillyman add anything today? the starting backrow has no fire power and whys matulino being turned into a prop?

You're only just noticing this now? :? He's been playing some of his best ever footy there in the front row over the past 6-8 weeks. As to why? Necessity for a start. We've had our two premier props patrolling the sideline for ages.

ozreece77

Juniors
It certainly did change. Seymour has been back for a couple of games now. And there seems to be quite a difference between him and Maloney compared to the combination between Maloney and John. They were showing a lot more promise. Including directing the team. What has happened with our defense!!!

couldnt disagree with you more.
Seymour is slow as f..k.
His passing to Maloney was ratsh*t.
Isacc john was breaking the line and his passing was crisp. Sorry, I think Seymour is one of the reasons we have started to struggle.

ozreece77

Juniors
I find it hard to give any points, I thought across the board we were miles behind the 8 ball.

3 Hohaia - can't believe the bad wrap this bloke gets on various forums, ?

Hohai is and always will be a showpony. Sure he looks dangerous but his option taking is always "me first, ill worry about whats best for the team later"

Martli

Coach
couldnt disagree with you more.
Seymour is slow as f..k.
His passing to Maloney was ratsh*t.
Isacc john was breaking the line and his passing was crisp. Sorry, I think Seymour is one of the reasons we have started to struggle.

I don't think you read that right, I think PASSION was saying that Maloney/John was the better combo.

shinobi

Juniors
You're only just noticing this now? :? He's been playing some of his best ever footy there in the front row over the past 6-8 weeks. As to why? Necessity for a start. We've had our two premier props patrolling the sideline for ages.

no of course not its just the fact that he was starting prop really brought it home for me he was my favourite player in the 2008 NYC playing in the backrow. Hes doing a solid job but cant help but wonder how much more damagin he would be playing out wider.

Iafeta

Referee
no of course not its just the fact that he was starting prop really brought it home for me he was my favourite player in the 2008 NYC playing in the backrow. Hes doing a solid job but cant help but wonder how much more damagin he would be playing out wider.

Ben's played a lot out in the back row and been ineffective in first grade. Someone raised a good point on him that I think hits the nail on the head - he lacks leg speed and acceleration off the mark to cut it up out wide. The defensive lines move up a lot quicker in first grade on the edges compared to NYC and they tend to be better organised rather than a series of lone rangers trying to snuff out danger, which Ben of course did brilliantly with.

If it's any consolation, he was also my favourite NYC player of that season. He was brutal.

Martli

Coach
Rich is away so i'm doing POTW this week.

For this week:

Hohaia 20
Vatuvei 12
Packer 12
Seymour 5
Henderson 2
Brown 2
Tai'i 1