What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 vs giraffe neck

Chimp

Bench
Brailey
Nikora
Iro

Hope Brailey doesn’t go back into his shell come finals, we need him playing like this to be a threat.

Iro should win rookie of the year by a distance, but he doesn’t seem to get any media attention. He’s been incredibly consistent ever since coming in, doesn’t look like a rookie in any way, which I think is why he’s gone under the radar - people won’t realise he’s a rookie.

Mako-Ver

Juniors
I thought Nik stood out at the end , but ran many wrong lines in the first 60. Defense was great all game. Coincidence that when Akko came on his lines were better?
3. Wilton. Ran better lines broke tackles, made line busts.
2. Brailey. MAde line breaks. Defense incredible
1. Nik.
Pretty good performance from everybody , with only the usual mistakes, coming from the usual suspects, who refuse to improve those parts of their game.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Brit
Tobes
Iro

The fact that Iro gets no love as rookie of the year is a f**ken tragedy
I think he's in the mix. He's been mentioned in a lot of dispatches. His issue will be he has less bells and whistles than the teenagers. Most of who have been found out at the pointy end.

They're going to prioritise box office plays over substance as they do in all awards.

DJDL

First Grade
They're going to prioritise box office plays over substance as they do in all awards.

Sadly for him, I feel you're right.

But he's been so solid since he came in.
There's really not much difference from one week to the next in what you get from him.
Most of the other contenders have been very up and down.

I thought Nik stood out at the end , but ran many wrong lines in the first 60. Defense was great all game. Coincidence that when Akko came on his lines were better?
3. Wilton. Ran better lines broke tackles, made line busts.
2. Brailey. MAde line breaks. Defense incredible
1. Nik.
Pretty good performance from everybody , with only the usual mistakes, coming from the usual suspects, who refuse to improve those parts of their game.
Mulitalo's silly challenge early on lost us the ability to challenge the Williams stripped ball that lead to a Sea Buzzards try!
3 Brails
2 Nikora
1 Toby

bluefox68

Staff member
One advantage of Ncho’s absence is that Tricky and Atko seem to have more confidence.

Brayden T really took charge a number of times, whereas he wouldn’t have done that 3-4 months ago…

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Sadly for him, I feel you're right.

But he's been so solid since he came in.
There's really not much difference from one week to the next in what you get from him.
Most of the other contenders have been very up and down.

I see his biggest improvements are in the areas of stamina, power and recovery. He was always a ballbusting offensive player in the reggies with a few deficiencies in his defence.

Since being promoted to the NRL he's become harder. Seems to have realised you can't just expect to be a success because you've won a few gongs in the second tier footy comp. He's now working harder and that's down to getting used to the speed of the game, the power of the game, the petrol needed to get a through a game. He had the slowest PTB of all Sharks backs initially. Often more than 4 seconds, That's where recovery comes in. As in instant recovery from the shots he takes because he himself is so physical. He can now absorb those hits better, break tackles and gain PCMs almost every time. He's a hard cunk and is going to get harder. He's even getting cocky!

Went off him for a bit when he first came in but I'm quickly getting back on the Iro bus

Last edited:

DJDL

First Grade
Went off him for a bit when he first came in but I'm quickly getting back on the Iro bus

I noticed that 😊

He’s going great guns.
Seems to be breaking more tackles now and poking his nose through more often.

Let’s hope the improvement continues.

carinashark

First Grade
We have seen real improvement in Toby, Sifa, Jack Williams,DA and Tieg. BB has a nice combo with DA which gives us confidence to play on without Nicho . Sort of like against Manly , without Tom T, they had very little at the end.

Latest posts