What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1's vs Dragons

rabbitohs95

Bench
Gutsy win from our boys what a completion rate 31/35 or something like that hopefully we turn it into two wins on Saturday.

3. Lowe

2. Goodwin

1. Gray

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
3. Ben Lowe (his best game for us in many years, 40 tackles with only 2 missed, 16 hit ups for 141metres, Ben was playing as a ball playing forward too on many occasions with wrap around plays with our halves too, 0 errors). On a funny note Lowe saved a try when he went for Dugan's shorts but he stopped him with desperation!!!!! Lol

2. Reynolds (brilliant kicking game with precision and control, passing game and organisation was superb and he made 5 hit ups for 40m. To be honest I didn't expect him to run the ball).

1. Grant (really strong impact and hunger off the bench with strong carries when we needed them, 14 hit ups for 113m and 11 tackles at 100 percent efficiency).

I was shocked in how much Lowe and Grant proved themselves. Now I want to see consistency from them and that hunger every week.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Gutsy win from our boys what a completion rate 31/35 or something like that hopefully we turn it into two wins on Saturday.

3. Lowe

2. Goodwin

1. Gray

If you were at the game? It must have been a great atmosphere even though there was only 14k the crowd on the radio sounded really loud like there was 25k there.

Do you reckon there was more Souths supporters there?

I had work so only just made it home in time to switch on the radio.

DiegoNT

First Grade
3 McQueen, he seemed to pop up when a vital scrambling tackle or strong hit up was needed.

2. Grevsmuhl, in the patches were we we starting to get dominated by the dragons forwards he really stood up.

1. Reynolds, what a difference he makes, he's kicking game and directing the team around was 1st class, and made inglis, keary and luke go back to their natural games

hurricane57

Juniors
Good to see Grant and Lowe in your top 3 like I did, they were both superb.

I listened to the game on radio so I didn't see the good things Goodwin did. What good things did he do???

Amazing that George Burgess, who was MOTM, hasn't got a mention.
Bit surprising, GI, who had his best game for a few weeks hasn't got a mention either, hmmmm

Rabbits20

Immortal
Amazing that George Burgess, who was MOTM, hasn't got a mention.
Bit surprising, GI, who had his best game for a few weeks hasn't got a mention either, hmmmm

He wasn't my man of the match as he made 26 tackles when he normally makes 35 tackles and he needs to improve his play at marker, it's been sloppy lately.

George gave a penalty away and dropped the ball in last 5 minutes which could have been costly, it put us under unnecessary pressure.

George made 16 hit ups for 117m. Normally when George makes 16 hit ups he would make 150metres,

Imo George is playing solid but I have high standards from what I've seen him do last year. This year his form hasn't been as good.

In the first half last night George only made 5 hit ups which isn't enough compared to other props in the game. But in the second half he redeemed himself.

GI was good and would be in my top 5, but not my top 3. GI gave away a silly penalty as well at a crucial stage last night.

I already gave my top 3 of Lowe, Reynolds and Grant. Our next best players were Grevsmuhl and GI imo.

Why do you say hmmmmm for? What is your 3-2-1 sorry if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:

hurricane57

Juniors
He wasn't my man of the match as he made 26 tackles when he normally makes 35 tackles and he needs to improve his play at marker, it's been sloppy lately.

George gave a penalty away and dropped the ball in last 5 minutes which could have been costly, it put us under unnecessary pressure.

George made 16 hit ups for 117m. Normally when George makes 16 hit ups he would make 150metres,

Imo George is playing solid but I have high standards from what I've seen him do last year. This year his form hasn't been as good.

In the first half last night George only made 5 hit ups which isn't enough compared to other props in the game. But in the second half he redeemed himself.

GI was good and would be in my top 5, but not my top 3. GI gave away a silly penalty as well at a crucial stage last night.

I already gave my top 3 of Lowe, Reynolds and Grant. Our next best players were Grevsmuhl and GI imo.

Why do you say hmmmmm for? What is your 3-2-1 sorry if you don't mind me asking?

I don't go in for the 3-2-1 thing myself but I do read it and find other people's views interesting. I don't judge 3-2-1 because lots of times I am not anywhere near a computer and I decided if you can't do every week then don't do it at all.

As I said somewhere else 'lies, damn lies then statics'. I don't go in for statistics myself because I have a different understanding to things like, what constitutes a tackle e.g. if three guys tackle an halfback does each guy get a tick in his stats box, if so, is that tick the same value of Isaac Luke's' man on man tackle of Merrin when Merrin was fifteen metres from the Souths try line. Is a fullback/winger, in the kick return scenario's metres as valuable as Goodwin's taking it up into the defense from his own try line - big difference really. Who takes these stats, how reliable are they i.e. even the referees can't get things right, why put any credence to some one in the stands with a pencil in one hand an a beer in the other?
Clearly you and I have different views on certain position roles e.g your very impressed with Lowe's performance last night and rightly so, he had a very good game but he has always defended stoutly and he has always been very willing to take the ball up, in fact I have often commented on his refusal to pass the ball, maybe on coaches instructions, how would I know, I point out to you - this is what he's paid for, this is his job, to tackle and run the hard yards - both Burgess's did the same with no less effect or enthusiasm then either Lowe or Grant.
The thing that really really pisses me off with both Lowe and Grant is they both refuse to learn from their mistakes, they continually give away penalties in the play the ball area. As far as I'm concerned that disqualifies each of them from scoring any points the same as if your sin binned in the Daily Messenger points thing. Hmmmmm ok.
Don't misunderstand me - if holding down a player that little bit extra stops a try from being scored against us well, there may be a case, maybe ....different question perhaps.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Lowe passed the ball a lot last night too which added variety, he didn't just run the ball forward as you say.

I can criticise Tom and George too and say every couple of weeks this year they drop the ball a couple of times per match and give silly penalties away as well.

I can criticise Tyrrell who has been our worst forward the last 2 weeks and is in a form slump.

What I'm trying to say is all our forwards have been up and down at times this year.

Even though Tom, George and Tyrrell have been making more mistakes they are still very high quality players.

I think on last night you need to give Lowe and Grant a break and not criticise them for making 1 mistake.

If their form dips in the next few weeks Madge will drop them accordingly just like he has to Reddy, Millard and Clark.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Hurricane Lowe isn't one of my favourites but I give credit where it's due and I'm proud of the way he performed.

Same goes for Grant.

hurricane57

Juniors
Hurricane Lowe isn't one of my favourites but I give credit where it's due and I'm proud of the way he performed.

Same goes for Grant.

You sure like a lot of posts don't you.

I am really mystified as to why you are proud of the way a professional footballer plays? I find that passing strange.

Anyhow, on wards and upwards.

hurricane57

Juniors
Just watched the replay again (third time) and I'm sorry, I can see that Lowe and Grant have had, by their own standards, excellent games, but neither of them deserve 3 or even 2 points.

I think McQueen's effort has not been given the kudos it deserves - hje had a better game than both Grant and Lowe.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Just watched the replay again (third time) and I'm sorry, I can see that Lowe and Grant have had, by their own standards, excellent games, but neither of them deserve 3 or even 2 points.

I think McQueen's effort has not been given the kudos it deserves - hje had a better game than both Grant and Lowe.

Sorry mate but I completely disagree.

Imo McQueen was brilliant against Canberra a couple of weeks ago.

Last night he was solid but didn't do as much as the Raiders game.

McQueen is actually one of my favourite players so I'm being honest here.

hurricane57

Juniors
Sorry mate but I completely disagree.

Imo McQueen was brilliant against Canberra a couple of weeks ago.

Last night he was solid but didn't do as much as the Raiders game.

McQueen is actually one of my favourite players so I'm being honest here.

Nar mate, your being wrong.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Nar mate, your being wrong.

I agree with you completely in the other thread about the referees.

But on this one I disagree.

I feel that you're wrong!

McQueen didn't make that many carries last night and went missing a bit when we needed some tough yards.

Last edited: