What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 big predictions for 2004

choc_soldier

Coach
1. Luke Lewis will play for Australia
2. Cowboys will make the 8
3. A new excitement machine in the name of Aaron Barba will be unleashed in the latter stages of the premiership rounds.

thickos

First Grade
1. Johns to leave Newcastle for a stint in the ESL, after missing the run-in to the finals again - capping off a disastrous year for Newcastle after delays to stadium renovations

2. Raiders and the Warriors to meet in the GF qualifier with the Raiders exacting revenge for the past two seasons in the play-offs by knocking out the kiwis... and go on to meet the Eels in the GF

3. Tigers to finish 9th after bombing in the final round, allowing the cowboys to slip in

Hurriflatch

Referee
I like the sound of an Eels v Raiders Grand Final

Hindmarsh v Hindmarsh
not to mention Schifcofske, Drew, Mogg and M.Hodgson.

Raiders to win the title by beating the Roosters in the GF, with Ricky Stuart throwing hissy fits on the sideline and kicking over the gatorade tub.

The Raiders to get shafted again at Origin time due to Phil Gould's hatred of us.

The Raiders by winning the premiership force the aussie selectors to pick some of them.

SP

Bench
1. Australia steal Benji Marshall from NZ if Andrew Johns is injured again

2. Luke Lewis, Joel Clinton, Luke Rooney all being in the NSW & Aust team

3. Wests Tigers & N Qld getting into the 8 (i said that about NQ last yr)

Hurriflatch

Referee
Witty:

2) Only be be replaced by Darren Smith, Darren Britt and another semi retired bum at the last minute.

Mark Rudd

Juniors
1. Storm to supprise everyone(except it's fans) by staying in the top 4 the entire year.

2. Scott Hill to play the entire year without injury

3. You guys to organise a huge party for me as a way of thanking me, the most important poster on the forum.

Glenn

First Grade
1. Justin Hodges goes to Brisbane
2. Roosters to get exposed for Canterbury-esque salary cap cheating
3. Despite having Harrigan on the pay roll (unofficially :roll: ) Stuart still going to whinge every week about the referees

Anonymous

Juniors
1. Francis Meli will be the Warriors top try-scorer again, with 20+ tries for the season.

2. Clinton Toopi will have at least one controversial off-field moment or notable lack of form, and will be dropped briefly. However, at some point he will score a rash of tries over the space of a few games, most of them clear runs to the line, and again be hailed as the worlds best centre.

3. Sonny-Bill Williams and Hame Lauaki will impress in their debut seasons, with at least one of them getting an extended run for the Bulldogs and Warriors respectively. Sonny-Bill will eventually be selected for NSW (not necessarily in 2004) and decide he is Australian when he clearly isn't- ditto Benji Marshall.

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
To me it looks like the only people that dont think the Raiders will improve this season is the Sports Tab, and Roosters supporters. :roll: :)

Hurriflatch

Referee
I would have thought that you would have wanted SportsTAB not to think the Raiders will improve

and the Roosters fans are well Roosters fans so you can't really blame them

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
Hurriflatch said:
I would have thought that you would have wanted SportsTAB not to think the Raiders will improve

and the Roosters fans are well Roosters fans so you can't really blame them

True. $20 on the Raiders, will go a longg way :D

1.The ultimate loser-Brian Smith to be shown the door

2.A.johns to win the Dally M 4 times in a row

3.Roosters/Dogs to slip and the Tigers/cowboys to slide into the semis

Mid season tip-Johns to quit rep footy as the Knights are running second Behind Canberra.

Hurriflatch

Referee
For A.johns to win the Dally M 4 times in a row in 2004 he would have needed to have won it in

2001 - P.Campbell
2004 - Awards not held

so even if he won it in 2002 and 2003 then 2004 would be his 3rd year but you would also need to assume that the 2003 award is rubbed rather then just given as not awarded or.

of course johns could win it in 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007 but that would mean the prediction would be for 2007 and johns won't be in the NRL till then anyway.

Hurriflatch said:
For A.johns to win the Dally M 4 times in a row in 2004 he would have needed to have won it in

2001 - P.Campbell
2004 - Awards not held

so even if he won it in 2002 and 2003 then 2004 would be his 3rd year but you would also need to assume that the 2003 award is rubbed rather then just given as not awarded or.

of course johns could win it in 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007 but that would mean the prediction would be for 2007 and johns won't be in the NRL till then anyway.
Sorry Hurriflatch-Typo
Hang on-Preston in 2001 was just plain funny
2002-Fine
2003-Not his fault-still would have won it
2004-He will win again
Anyways-he will continue his run

41 days...HAGAN SIGNS...HAGAN SIGNS!!!

Zodiac

Juniors
This is the Zodiac speaking.

i predict:

Andrew Johns will retire
Penrith will be back to back premierrs
langmack to be sacked after round 9

Hurriflatch said:
If Brain Fart Fat Arse Johns didn't elbow Dykes in the head then he would have won it in 2001.
:lol: :lol: :lol: -your right
Take it you dont like GOD as much as the rest of the League world?

Latest posts