What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 from the last 14. Smith must be sacked.

Misty Bee

First Grade
The noises from front office must happen again. Smith has to go. Anyone who still clings to him as Parra coach cannot consider them to be a Parra fan. How could a fan wish their team to lose?

GAME FIRST

Juniors
I am a fairminded person and i think is a nice man but he is not wise enough and not good enough to be our coach- time for change has been here for some time!

Unreal V

Juniors
I am starting to beleive that he is not even a nice person any more. Someone explain the logic in not playing Witt and Thorman tonight; al the very least one of them off the bench. Must have been a personal issue because nothing else makes sense.

messiah7

Juniors
Unreal V said:
I am starting to beleive that he is not even a nice person any more. Someone explain the logic in not playing Witt and Thorman tonight; al the very least one of them off the bench. Must have been a personal issue because nothing else makes sense.

Thorman was playing and Witt didnt......Infact Thorman was bird watching tonight does that qualify him playing???? :?: :?:

strider

Post Whore
I am starting to beleive that he is not even a nice person any more

What facts do u have to base that on?.....you have personal experiences with him or do you just judge his character on our inability to win footy games?.....pretty lame call if you have nothing to back it up.

If you believe its all his fault that we play badly then fair enough....but to make character assassinations based on that is plain stupid.

Unreal V

Juniors
messiah7 said:
Thorman was playing and Witt didnt......Infact Thorman was bird watching tonight does that qualify him playing???? :?: :?:

I mean together. We always new that we were going to be limited in our attack and that we had to have options. It would have made sense to have had both of them out there tonight.

strider

Post Whore
Why play both of them? ....No one in our team runs onto the ball anyway.

Thorman is incapable of putting anyone into a gap (he served up a few hospital passes tonight) and I don't know if Witty has that ability either.

magpiemax

Juniors
You have bought well for next year.Except for your coaching department Brian has just run out of Idea's. #-o

Unreal V

Juniors
strider said:
I am starting to beleive that he is not even a nice person any more

What facts do u have to base that on?.....you have personal experiences with him or do you just judge his character on our inability to win footy games?.....pretty lame call if you have nothing to back it up.

If you believe its all his fault that we play badly then fair enough....but to make character assassinations based on that is plain stupid.

You are right and I apologise.

Vicious

Bench
Parra has bought very,very well for next year.But what about a halfback???
No team has ever won a comp without a top quality halfback!!!

magpiemax

Juniors
Vicious said:
Parra has bought very,very well for next year.But what about a halfback???
No team has ever won a comp without a top quality halfback!!!
Apparently Brian think's Fui Fui Moi Moi will be a master stroke in that position. :D

Unreal V

Juniors
strider said:
Why play both of them? ....No one in our team runs onto the ball anyway.

Thorman is incapable of putting anyone into a gap (he served up a few hospital passes tonight) and I don't know if Witty has that ability either.

Because they were our only options and chances are one of them might have stepped up to night. We scored zero point with the ball. Thats why!

Defend Smith all you like but tonight with everything on the line the only difference between the two teams wsa Prince, he killed us. Orford killed us against Melbourne.

Sterling

Juniors
If we think these new buys are going to get us out of this rut......think again!!!!!

we will do nothing next year if smith is at the helm. :evil: :evil:

eels1986

Juniors
Smith could coach in 1997-2002 but alas no longer. You can't blame Smith for everything, I honestly believe most of our -players think they are better than what they are. The only players putting in week in and week out are McKinnon, Hindmarsh and Wagon. He chased Orford pretty hard but couldn't land him. Someone like Witt or young Tim Smith is going to have to step up next year or maybe Brian has a secret he is not telling anyone. PJ Marsh is not the answer to our halfback spot. He hasn't played halfback for more than 4 years and people here say bring him home. #-o

scottyeel

Bench
Everyone knows smiths time is up, i think even fitzgerald knows too but while ever people are saying this he is just digging his heels in harder. How much money has these failures cost our club in the last 2 years.

Eelectrica

Referee
Fitzgeral made a big mistake in signing Smith up to a long term deal. He is compounding the mistake by not taking corrective action.

CrazyEel

Bench
Our record is a lousy 28 wins from 73 games over the last 3 years, a 31% win ratio with no sign of improvement. :evil:

I don't know why we have suffered so many injuries over the last 3 years but suspect it may be similar reasons as Penrith when Simmonds was in charge. If that is the case then Smith must accept some responsibility for that as well.

Regardless of injuries the players selected each week are still the ones he brought to the club and if they are inept he must take responsibility. If they were once considered good and are only now inept playing under him then again he must take responsibility. I do not believe it is just coincidence that most ex eels are once again playing to their full potential under different coaches.

Regardless of who is on the field Smith just doesn't seem capable of getting the side to play to it's ability anymore. IMO he has played too many mind games with various players and yes there is enough ancedotal evidence to support that. That along with his penchant for continually selecting players out of position and playing his favourites regardless of form has IMO been just as big a contributing factor to the low confidence of the team as injuries are.

I don't know what his game plans are but from what I see they suck. If the players don't have the skill to implement his game plans then his coaching methods suck. If they never had the skill to begin with then his recuitment sucks. If they simply don't follow his game plans then his leadership sucks.

For whatever reason there is no escaping the fact that a 31% win ratio over 3 years is unacceptable. No other coach has survived 3 years with such an abysmal record.

Smith has had his chance now it's time for him to move on.