What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 new movies on rlgame.com

Moffo

Referee
love the kicking system, not a mess like every other league game i have played!!

Cheers,
Moffo

Jono Russell

Bench
damn that head high tackle replay video looks like something that should be in a smackdown game. kinda looks like he is being double teamed by 2 thugs and one is holding the legs whilst the other goes for the clothesline

KeckDiddy

Juniors
To me the video of the Kick and chase looks worrying the fact is if you watch it carefully the player is kicking 70 metres!!!!!!!!! the player kicks from the 30 and gets it all the way to the tryline is this just a lucky bounce and an out of place fullback or is this a problem?????

Goleel

Juniors
They're kicking on the third, so the fullback isn't back. That's why the kick goes so deep.

Forum Idiot

Bench
the thing that makes me worried is in the bust and try video - breaking tackles looks frequent and easy! and it all seems alot like the demo to me. except for the kicking system, new animations and graphics i havent seen a difference in any of the videos from locksley and the protype demo! :oops: :cry: :(
also in that vid - when the guy is about to score all of his team mates start to run backwards for a second at exactly the same time and it LOOKS SO BLOODY AWEFUL!!!!!!!

anyone who wants to get the shits about this post ill give you this in advance - go and get stuffed!

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I like the head high vid, makes me WANT to get people sent to the sin bin , lol (probable names to do that VILLASANTI and other hard guys WEBKE an cheap tackler N VAGANA)

OoOGazOoO

Juniors
I am slightly worried after downloading these videos, first of all,

1. The one with the kicking, it seems that sculthorpe kicks it miles and nearly actually gets the ball which is a bit weird as i dont think he would catch the london players up as they have turned quick and they have go the 10 yard advantage from the play of the ball.

2. The head high tackle is very weird indeed, the tackle is near enough complete and then the st helens player comes in and nearly takes the other lads head off, and the way he does it is weird, has it been modelled on WWE and the rock bottom maybe? ? ?

3. Tthe way in which the players break out of the tackles does seem totally unrealistic, he walks out of 2 tackles and then pops a ball up, which is good to see as it can actually go to ground and that adds realism because nto every pass goes where you want it, but then another player picks it up and again hands off or breaks through the tackle of his opponent.

Very very worried by these 3 videos, there seems to be bad bits in all 3 of them.

umosay

Juniors
I'm Guessing in saying that the bust tackle vid would most likely be on easiest, which would make it a lot easier to bust out of tackles

Rise Against

Vids are f**kin sick. i cant wait

video 3 is a LITTLE worrying but i dont understand why your saying this wouldnt happen in a real game? IT would definately happen in a real life situation which adds 2 the realism. Breaking tackles looks sick and like umosay said, its prolly on easy and they r prolly playin a shite team

AGAIN these vids were taken from an UNFINISHED game.. so i cant wait.. GAME ON

Superhemi

Juniors
umosay said:
I'm Guessing in saying that the bust tackle vid would most likely be on easiest, which would make it a lot easier to bust out of tackles
Yeah, probably... the writing to describe the controls is poping up in the bottom left corner

I'm pretty sure it only does this on the easiest skill level?
or maybe the 2 easiest skill levels?

locksley

Juniors
Ok,

First of all, the game is on "Schoolboy" level which is the easiest setting, so the AI teams are slower and you're much more likely to break tackles. HOWEVER, if you don't want to bust tackles anywhere near as frequent try the game on Seasoned, Legend and LEAGUE GOD modes!!!

Also, like others have pointed out, these vids were taken from an Unfinished PC version of the game, NOT, the final version.

As for the high tackle, I'll put the main play bit up where that particular tackle happened. You'll see that and AI defender grabs him, while the human player controlling the head high tackler, built up way too much aggression before hitting the tackle button, that's why the tackle is so over the top.

I can tell you now, I have played the game on PS2 and it is fantastic. It's more arcade-like than I was expecting, but it doesn't disappoint at all. I would say playability wise, it's like a bigger, better, faster, smoother version of Jonah Lomu Rugby and that is by no means a bad thing at all.

So to all those whinging about certain small parts of the game, wait until you play it before commenting, you'll see what I mean then! :D In the meantime, boot up RUGBY 2004 and then you'll really have something to moan about ;)

Rise Against

locksley said:
Ok,

First of all, the game is on "Schoolboy" level which is the easiest setting, so the AI teams are slower and you're much more likely to break tackles. HOWEVER, if you don't want to bust tackles anywhere near as frequent try the game on Seasoned, Legend and LEAGUE GOD modes!!!

Also, like others have pointed out, these vids were taken from an Unfinished PC version of the game, NOT, the final version.

As for the high tackle, I'll put the main play bit up where that particular tackle happened. You'll see that and AI defender grabs him, while the human player controlling the head high tackler, built up way too much aggression before hitting the tackle button, that's why the tackle is so over the top.

I can tell you now, I have played the game on PS2 and it is fantastic. It's more arcade-like than I was expecting, but it doesn't disappoint at all. I would say playability wise, it's like a bigger, better, faster, smoother version of Jonah Lomu Rugby and that is by no means a bad thing at all.

So to all those whinging about certain small parts of the game, wait until you play it before commenting, you'll see what I mean then! :D In the meantime, boot up RUGBY 2004 and then you'll really have something to moan about ;)

HAHAHHA good call

im trading in rugby 2004 for nrl 2 eb

f**kin rugby is shite

Yeah breaking out of tackles looked way to easy but since hearing it was on school boy level it looked great, reember it can't get any easier than that, thats what u set it to before u give you little brother a game :)

Moffo

Referee
i think we should all wait until we play the game

I liked the head high. It looked cool :D did u notice how players from the guy who got clotheslined started walking in after it happened?

Cheers,
Moffo

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
DID YOU ALL NOT READ "PLEASE NOTE , MOST OF THESE MOVIES WERE TAKEN FROM AN UNFINISHED PC VERSION OF THE GAME" on the rlgame web page

personally i think the vids are sweet

Latest posts