What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 new movies on rlgame.com

Forum Idiot

Bench
the vids arent so bad now that they are from an unfinished version and it is on school boy mode.

i am bitterly disappointed however that the game is going to be an arcade more than a simulation game. bye bye realism.
i hope that next year they tone it all down abit and bring out a real full on sim! franchise mode is 100% chance of being in the next version if there is one and it wouldnt seem right having a franchise mode in an unrealistic depiction of the greatest sport on earth.

Erhan

Juniors
A comment on the video where the try is scored. I was very surprised at the ease of breaking tackles before I found out it was on the easiest level. But what I really found strange was at how fast the player ran who scored the try. It was like watching Brett Dallas with nitro shoved up his arse!

OoOGazOoO

Juniors
Erhan said:
A comment on the video where the try is scored. I was very surprised at the ease of breaking tackles before I found out it was on the easiest level. But what I really found strange was at how fast the player ran who scored the try. It was like watching Brett Dallas with nitro shoved up his arse!

Now that would be scary :D he's fast enough.

All i can say mate is that its St Helens, and they are just that damn good !

Goleel

Juniors
I don't think arcade means bad EEL, like, NFL2K can be called an arcade game, because it simplifies things, but also takes the best parts of gridiron and focuses on that. Arcade doesn't mean hitups don't work, it just means you'll see more broken tackles, nice offloads and interesting plays, which isn't too bad in 10 minute halves. While I'd love to have to grind out territory and possession over 80 minutes to win a game, true simulation style, unfortunately I don't think the majority of gamers would have that dedication. Don't take arcade to mean bad, it just means the best parts of rugby league, the hits, the breaks, the great passes and kicks, will happen more often, since 80 minutes of action gets compressed into 20 or 10.

As long as the forwards are actually useful (and from all videos we've seen they are central) I'll be happy with a bit of arcade flavour.

Erhan

Juniors
Nicely summed up Gol, I mention something similar last week when people were talking about tactics ie: having 4 forwards on the bench etc. It was all getting a little ridiculous when people talked about field position and to not throw the ball around. I guess this is okay if your playing for 80 mins and you're on an amazingly (full simulation) hard level where this type of play is necessary. In reality though, you play for 20 mins, and you try to throw the ball around whenever you can. My idea of being conservative would probably mean hitting it up with a forward but trying to offload at every opportunity in an attempt to make as much ground as possible. To cut it short, you try to score everytime you have the ball.

Rise Against

Erhan said:
Nicely summed up Gol, I mention something similar last week when people were talking about tactics ie: having 4 forwards on the bench etc. It was all getting a little ridiculous when people talked about field position and to not throw the ball around. I guess this is okay if your playing for 80 mins and you're on an amazingly (full simulation) hard level where this type of play is necessary. In reality though, you play for 20 mins, and you try to throw the ball around whenever you can. My idea of being conservative would probably mean hitting it up with a forward but trying to offload at every opportunity in an attempt to make as much ground as possible. To cut it short, you try to score everytime you have the ball.

PRO EVO 3!

is it negooood?

fifa 2004 looks so good

OoOGazOoO

Juniors
JuSTiNcReDiBLe said:
PRO EVO 3!

is it negooood?

fifa 2004 looks so good

Yeh Pro Evo 3 is well good, fifa is crap compared to pro evo games, pro evo is the best footie game around !

Big-Hitter

Juniors
Now then my negative friends, what seems to be the problem.

I too thought "huh" when I first saw the kick-chase vid but on closer inspection you'll notice.

* It was early in the tackle count - hence no full-back.
* It's actually Wellens who makes the tackle and he's flying out of the line (but still onside, cynics!) as Scully puts foot to leather.
* It's Sculthorpe doing the kicking - the man is class!

Joking aside, I thought it looked great and particularly liked the diving pass from dummy half.

Really impressed with the pace of the game and the fluidity of movement compared to previous rugby games (apart from the still brilliant Jonah Lomu). Really can't wait to get my hands on this game!

Wigan Warrior

Juniors
Those videos show this game up to be what it is-A GAME.In order to get every single aspect of the sport correct it would be almost impossible.

As ive said many times,theres gonna be a things we might not like but there will be more things in there that we do like.This is only a first release and as the years go by the new versions should correct any faults that we might find.

Im pretty sure that the gameplay and AI will of been tweaked and tidied up a bit since that video anyway.Plus,Mario said that after the real RL players had a go they found some things that they didnt like which Sidhe took the time to alter before the final version.

Overall i think these videos show that the game is bags of fun.Maybe not 100% realistic but not far off.

Erhan

Juniors
Wigan Warrior said:
Plus,Mario said that after the real RL players had a go they found some things that they didnt like which Sidhe took the time to alter before the final version.

That's pretty dedicated stuff. I hope we get a great game, the fans & the dev. team all deserve it for the amount of energy put towards this game.