What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

30 degrees tomoz?......

jono

Juniors
Outside atm it's around 21 here in Newy , I understand forecast for tomorrow is for 30 . I feel more confident as the match draws closer! This will work in favour of our smaller more mobile forwards with the high-tempo offload game that took us to wins in Newcastle , against Brisbane and in the 7 game streak. Can't wait!

Glenn

First Grade
Indeed if Parramatta can get the second phase play happening, going to be interesting to see how the Saints go in warm weather chasing the offloads. :cool:

parra pete

Referee
Same as us down here. We are in GF tomorrow against a big side. Predicted 31 degrees. Hope this bloody wind gets to buggary though....

thommo4pm

Coach
Wont be that temperature come kick off time.
Kick off is just after 4pm, by that time of day at this time of year, the temp has started dropping back a bit.
And also the sun will only cover half the field, the second half the sun will basically be behind the grandstand.

Saints forward pack are reasonably fit, and arguably the fittest in the comp...highlighted by the fact that Bennett has used only 2 forwards off the bench in his rotation several times this year.

If the game was at 2.30-3.00pm then I would say it would be an advantage to you guys for sure.

Suitman

Post Whore
Wont be that temperature come kick off time.
Kick off is just after 4pm, by that time of day at this time of year, the temp has started dropping back a bit.
And also the sun will only cover half the field, the second half the sun will basically be behind the grandstand.

Saints forward pack are reasonably fit, and arguably the fittest in the comp...highlighted by the fact that Bennett has used only 2 forwards off the bench in his rotation several times this year.

If the game was at 2.30-3.00pm then I would say it would be an advantage to you guys for sure.

If the sea-breeze kicks in, it will be cooler. If it doesn't, there's a good chance that temps will still be hot.

Suity

thommo4pm

Coach
If the sea-breeze kicks in, it will be cooler. If it doesn't, there's a good chance that temps will still be hot.

Suity

I'm thinking it will still be warmer than average, but by kick off I don't think it will be around 30, it will have dropped.

Also there is a cool-ish change forecast for Sunday arvo / evening, not sure what time though.

mickdo

Coach
I'm thinking it will still be warmer than average, but by kick off I don't think it will be around 30, it will have dropped.

Also there is a cool-ish change forecast for Sunday arvo / evening, not sure what time though.

You just keep on hopin' ;-)

jono

Juniors
You just keep on hopin' ;-)
Yep , he's clutching at straws , definitely worried about the conditions favouring us.
Mate , at 4pm , if it's been 30-odd degrees all day , it aint gonna be much less than 26 by then.
Go you Eels!

yosemite

Juniors
We better not be wearing the darker stripe ( ie last weeks) uniforms then.....absorb 2 much heat. Plus, we seem to lose more games than we win in those.

The predominately white with blue & yellow for tomorrow please.

jono

Juniors
We better not be wearing the darker stripe ( ie last weeks) uniforms then.....absorb 2 much heat. Plus, we seem to lose more games than we win in those.

Sun 02/09/07 3.00pm-4.45pm Parramatta (Blue strip) 68 annihilated Brisbane (Surrender white strip) 22

God that was gooooddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

salvy71

Juniors

Don't think Parra will have a choice - dragons will have their traditional jumpers so the blue jerseys will be compulsory .

thommo4pm

Coach
Yep , he's clutching at straws , definitely worried about the conditions favouring us.
Mate , at 4pm , if it's been 30-odd degrees all day , it aint gonna be much less than 26 by then.
Go you Eels!

Well according to weatherzone.com.au the temp at Mascot today was under 25 degrees at 4pm, and at 5pm was closer to 22-23 degrees.

Don't see how I'm clutching at straws when all I've said was it wont be 30 degrees at kick off. :crazy:

mickdo

Coach
Well according to weatherzone.com.au the temp at Mascot today was under 25 degrees at 4pm, and at 5pm was closer to 22-23 degrees.

Don't see how I'm clutching at straws when all I've said was it wont be 30 degrees at kick off. :crazy:

Yeah, 27 or 28 at kickoff is going to be sooooo much cooler :lol:

Latest posts