What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

300 game players on the footy show

t-ba

Post Whore
If the Northern Eagles are going to be counted as a seperate club, the 2002 edition should officially be deemed as 'Manly' in the record books imo. Norths were out, & we played (most of) the season out of Brookvale. That'd give him the 300 for Manly eventually.

Wouldn't put it past him Wittyfan, If he stays injury free and in decent form, I reckon a stint in England would be too good pass up post 2008 though.

Garts

Bench
Tecnically he played for 2 clubs but he will be remembered as a 1 club man by most of the fans, I know I will.

The fans should view it a little different to say Fittler who played at Penrith and then the Roosters.

Mr Saab

Referee
It is not a matter of being "haters" it is a matter of factual statistics...they dont lie.

innsaneink

Referee
willvillain said:
Beaver considers himself to be a one-team player. He played for the Northern Eagles, because they were the Eagles.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,19330809-23214,00.html

But obviously the pedants and Manly-haters will continue to try to take that away from a man who has given so much to his team.

Well......you must see the Wests Tigers as having 16 premierships also, if thats the way you look at these situations concerning clubs that have joined/merged.

Good for you.

Im a Wests Tigers fan and I see us with only one.

willyvill... said:
"If I dont see it, dont hear it...its NOT true."

istockphoto_374071_lalalala.jpg

:lol:

Crusher

Coach
t-ba said:
If the Northern Eagles are going to be counted as a seperate club, the 2002 edition should officially be deemed as 'Manly' in the record books imo. Norths were out, & we played (most of) the season out of Brookvale. That'd give him the 300 for Manly eventually.

Wouldn't put it past him Wittyfan, If he stays injury free and in decent form, I reckon a stint in England would be too good pass up post 2008 though.

The NRL has officially stated that Menzies 300 games will make him a one club man in the record books. Effectively that would also mean that Manly and Northern Eagles should count as one.

t-ba

Post Whore
Crusher said:
The NRL has officially stated that Menzies 300 games will make him a one club man in the record books. Effectively that would also mean that Manly and Northern Eagles should count as one.

I think its dispensation really.

I don't think guys like Shrek and JT should be counted as Manly players.

simon says

First Grade
Strike me there are some wankers on here.......the blokes a legend and there are some debating how many clubs, one of the most loyal one club players there has ever been, has played for.

FFS....you have too much time on your hands.....

Beaver....legend,one club man.

simon says

First Grade
Crusher said:

Finally some sanity.....the defense rests.

Crusher

Coach
simon says said:
Finally some sanity.....the defense rests.

No one can argue that beaver is a one club man and if JT had spent all his years at Norths he would be in the same boat. That goes for anyone who played for either wests or the tigers before the merger.

Anyone saying Beaver is not a one club man is just clutching at straws.

PS: If he stays healthy for the next 2 seasons he will have the overall record games played and have done it at one club. This will take a lot of beating considering one club players are an almost extinct breed.

I also predict Beaver will play origin next year and still be on the bench for tests. One of the best....

innsaneink

Referee
simon says said:
Strike me there are some wankers on here.......the blokes a legend and there are some debating how many clubs, one of the most loyal one club players there has ever been, has played for.

FFS....you have too much time on your hands.....

Beaver....legend,one club man.
Not surprised you'd grab the 16 comps.....cheap.:(

crusher said:
No one can argue that beaver is a one club man and if JT had spent all his years at Norths he would be in the same boat. That goes for anyone who played for either wests or the tigers before the merger.
Wests Tigers recognize both entities.

We celebrated Skandos 200th first grade game last year.

We celebrated his 150th Wests Tigers game this year.

wittyfan

Referee
If that's the official NRL ruling, then Illawarra have won 15 premierships, even though they were won before they existed as a club. :?

wittyfan

Referee
The tally now is:

South Sydney 20
Balmain 16
Western Suburbs 16
Wests Tigers 16
St. George 15
Illawarra 15
St. George-Illawarra 15
Sydney Roosters 12
Bulldogs 8
Manly 8
Norths 8
Northern Eagles 8
etc.

DJ1

Juniors
Can we claim Terry Lamb as a one club player now?

He only played at the club next door for a few years and we nearly merged with them.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
wittyfan said:
The tally now is:

South Sydney 20
Balmain 16
Western Suburbs 16
Wests Tigers 16
St. George 15
Illawarra 15
St. George-Illawarra 15
Sydney Roosters 12
Bulldogs 8
Manly 8
Norths 8
Northern Eagles 8
etc.

Wittyfan is an idiot.

Parra Guru

Coach
Maybe Crokes didn't want to go on there - who would really?

Even the Beaver looked bored sh*tless with their jokes.

Parra Guru

Coach
btw a little off topic, but when they had Shane Richardson on there, was anyone else getting annoyed with Matt Johns interrupting him every 5 seconds?

Latest posts