What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

321 v Knight

Weaponhead

Coach
3 Fifita - when everyone was f**king around in the first half, Fifita ran hard and straight setting the tone for the team.
2 - Holmes - 200+ metres. Crucial individual try which no one else in this team could score.
1 - Feki - quality finishing, tough yards and the best banana centre kick ever.
HM Capewell - quality game, important player come finals

wibble

Bench
No way Chads kicking was good!

Because he kicked one dead? (which was 1 metre from being outstanding...)

People need to watch opposition halves a little more I think, whenever judging Townsend's kicking so harshly. Like Pearce's for example. The halfback everyone here wanted to swap for Townsend. Townsend was better than him in every aspect today, including kicking

1990 sharkie

Juniors
Because he kicked one dead? (which was 1 metre from being outstanding...)

People need to watch opposition halves a little more I think, whenever judging Townsend's kicking so harshly. Like Pearce's for example. The halfback everyone here wanted to swap for Townsend. Townsend was better than him in every aspect today, including kicking

He barely bloody kicked and none were good. Dugan called for a crosfiield kick and Chad fell short about 7/8m then wado had to show him how it's done. He is a horrible kicker. Even jnrs one kick which was down the short side and only a 20m kick but hit grass. He is shit when it comes to kicking and the team knows that because wado and Chico kicked better than him

Chad is a Pearce clone. Bombs up no matter where he is on the field bit Pearce offers more in attack and that's why everyone here wanted him over Chad

3. Fifita
2. Prior
1. Holmes / Chad.

But they just about all played well, hon mentions to Edrick and Capewell, highly motivated and don't want to be dropped if and when Ricky and Jessie come good.

Running to the north east corner chad took a few wrong options. Short kicks or the pass option instead of building pressure.

I dont think he is rubbish but his choices probably need to improve.

wibble

Bench
He barely bloody kicked and none were good. Dugan called for a crosfiield kick and Chad fell short about 7/8m then wado had to show him how it's done. He is a horrible kicker. Even jnrs one kick which was down the short side and only a 20m kick but hit grass. He is shit when it comes to kicking and the team knows that because wado and Chico kicked better than him

Chad is a Pearce clone. Bombs up no matter where he is on the field bit Pearce offers more in attack and that's why everyone here wanted him over Chad

See, Chad is "a horrible kicker." "Gravity" was a 1/10 film...

Can not have any sensible discussion when starting from such extreme positions.

Townsend is consistently, over years, great at repeat sets, great at not making kick errors, and ok at long kicking. I agree he is not a top tier half back, but if people can't at least be reasonable in their observations, there is no point in discussing it.

By the way, all the "Townsend is horrible" camp in recent other threads who would easily swap him for Pearce, Brooks, Moses, even Hunt or Cleary lately, would have brought the same terrible game management and kicking under pressure games that has seen their teams plummet.

He made 5 kicks. As many as anyone, not "barely". He didn't make any in the first half. The play on the 5th was mostly on the left side, so Graham took them (and Flanno took 1, as you noted).

None were horrible. None were "crossfield" kicks.

Graham didn't have to "show him how it's done". Graham was the alternative (left side) kicker and had a perfect open side to kick to. As noted by the commentators as he kicked it.

3 were bombs.

The one from 40 m out had no chase get to it because...it was from 40m out. It was fine.

The others got chasers to them, though the one you complain about was in traffic and chasers were blocked out. They were fine kicks too. Not sure what you want from a kick.

His grubber from 30 m should have given us a repeat set but the chasers missed the tackle.

The one from 40 m out went dead. The only kick that wasn't good, but was only just dead, and again, what do you want from 40 m out?

In the second half, on our 5th tackle plays, when he wasn't giving try assists or directing runners, which went well for us, he (with one close exception) kept the ball deep in their half. He controlled the game, and it showed in the result.

By the way, Graham's bomb, which was Crossfield, was good. He also kicked one out on the full, and found the opponent's on the rest, so I suppose he is horrible too (I thought he was great).

Segeyaro and Flanno had a good kick each too. Lee made one from desperation that was ok, and Feki put in the best kick of the day for a try (to Townsend, backing up as always).

Pearce was much worse, in all aspects. (So were Cleary, Hunt, Brooks, Croft, Taylor, Moses and a whole host of halves this week that are all supposedly much better than the "horrible" Townsend).

YTSharks

Juniors
See, Chad is "a horrible kicker." "Gravity" was a 1/10 film...

Can not have any sensible discussion when starting from such extreme positions.

Townsend is consistently, over years, great at repeat sets, great at not making kick errors, and ok at long kicking. I agree he is not a top tier half back, but if people can't at least be reasonable in their observations, there is no point in discussing it.

By the way, all the "Townsend is horrible" camp in recent other threads who would easily swap him for Pearce, Brooks, Moses, even Hunt or Cleary lately, would have brought the same terrible game management and kicking under pressure games that has seen their teams plummet.

He made 5 kicks. As many as anyone, not "barely". He didn't make any in the first half. The play on the 5th was mostly on the left side, so Graham took them (and Flanno took 1, as you noted).

None were horrible. None were "crossfield" kicks.

Graham didn't have to "show him how it's done". Graham was the alternative (left side) kicker and had a perfect open side to kick to. As noted by the commentators as he kicked it.

3 were bombs.

The one from 40 m out had no chase get to it because...it was from 40m out. It was fine.

The others got chasers to them, though the one you complain about was in traffic and chasers were blocked out. They were fine kicks too. Not sure what you want from a kick.

His grubber from 30 m should have given us a repeat set but the chasers missed the tackle.

The one from 40 m out went dead. The only kick that wasn't good, but was only just dead, and again, what do you want from 40 m out?

In the second half, on our 5th tackle plays, when he wasn't giving try assists or directing runners, which went well for us, he (with one close exception) kept the ball deep in their half. He controlled the game, and it showed in the result.

By the way, Graham's bomb, which was Crossfield, was good. He also kicked one out on the full, and found the opponent's on the rest, so I suppose he is horrible too (I thought he was great).

Segeyaro and Flanno had a good kick each too. Lee made one from desperation that was ok, and Feki put in the best kick of the day for a try (to Townsend, backing up as always).

Pearce was much worse, in all aspects. (So were Cleary, Hunt, Brooks, Croft, Taylor, Moses and a whole host of halves this week that are all supposedly much better than the "horrible" Townsend).
I hated Gravity

coolumsharkie

Referee
Val - "We'll sell one floor of the leagues club if we have to" - Flanno.
Prior- Smashed everything in his way, often making them get up limping
Chad- Took control of the game well..

Edrick Feki Fifita Capes Boogs Lewy.. Everyone is in good form at the right time.

txta2

Bench
Running to the north east corner chad took a few wrong options. Short kicks or the pass option instead of building pressure.

I dont think he is rubbish but his choices probably need to improve.
Spot on and at certain crucial times in the game his wrong options have cost them in the past.
Kicking it dead only once sure, but the next set they score. Any other team and the game is turned on its head

carcharias

Immortal
3 Edrick Lee - I know he knocked one on but he just looks so f**king cool.
2 Feki - glad you’re back man
1 Duges - because him being in our team shits people and I think he has scored the last 3 games in a row??

Eion

First Grade
3 Fifita - when everyone was f**king around in the first half, Fifita ran hard and straight setting the tone for the team.
2 - Holmes - 200+ metres. Crucial individual try which no one else in this team could score.
1 - Feki - quality finishing, tough yards and the best banana centre kick ever.
HM Capewell - quality game, important player come finals
X2. Would throw in HM for Gal, Eddy, prizza and...yes...even chad.

So much Capes love, I guess I must have missed something. Not down on Capes at all, I rate him big time, just saying I think I need to watch the replay.

Makes for interesting selection dilemma when Loots & Noodle are back (next week?)