What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

321 v parra

southland

Juniors
Lewis
Ennis
Feki

Heighno deserves a mention as well...

Everyone is doing there job last few weeks...

millersnose

Post Whore
Nah the 5/8 waffle is a myth

It gets trotted out here every now and then when the razor blade gang wants to find a scapegoat for losses

It's all a it weird in here

Wingers who do f**k all are lauded while the guy who does twice as much of the real tough hard work as anyone else gets described as " average"

southland

Juniors
Next year as much as I'd like to see Bird run around at centre it would be interesting to see how he goes alongside Maloney at 7. If Chad's form is down then 6. Bird 7. Maloney is interesting... I'd also look at (and this will get torn down) 6. Barba and 7. Maloney...

Madsharkie

First Grade
Feki
Ennis
Gal (only blemish was that silly offload late in the game)

HM to the field goal king. No pressure!

Nah the 5/8 waffle is a myth

It gets trotted out here every now and then when the razor blade gang wants to find a scapegoat for losses

It's all a it weird in here

Wingers who do f**k all are lauded while the guy who does twice as much of the real tough hard work as anyone else gets described as " average"

Most forwards from both teams made lots of easy metres yesterday.
It was that type of game.

When we needed a calm head to play a bit of sensible disciplined footy Gal pushed a no look hope pass that barely got 10cm off the ground.

From the next set Parra scored and turned the momentum to Parramatta.

Stats don't always tell the full story.

Feki highly contributed to our win amongst what I thought were a lot of poor performances in the team.

I hardly contemplated my 3,2,1 at all.

For me those three players easily stood out as the main contributors to our win.

Jack Bird has had an amazing rookie year.

He has had a couple of average games as you would expect from a rookie.

But he has had many games where he has greatly contributed to our wins this year.

Very excited about how he goes from here.

Craigshark

First Grade
Ennis - that kick and try at the end.. I love this bloke to death.
Feki - lot's of strong runs, a couple of good bombs taken under pressure, and a couple of good tries. Can't remember any points being scored down his side?
Gallen/Lewis - without these two and Ennis. We would be down near last.

millersnose

Post Whore
Most forwards from both teams made lots of easy metres yesterday.
It was that type of game.

When we needed a calm head to play a bit of sensible disciplined footy Gal pushed a no look hope pass that barely got 10cm off the ground.

From the next set Parra scored and turned the momentum to Parramatta.

Stats don't always tell the full story.

Feki highly contributed to our win amongst what I thought were a lot of poor performances in the team.

I hardly contemplated my 3,2,1 at all.

For me those three players easily stood out as the main contributors to our win.

Gallen did 218meters
Next best was 117 meters

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
3 Ennis
2 Lewis
1 Feki

Hope the boys learned some serious lessons yesterday. Give a team like the Roosters a sniff like that and we'll get absolutely flogged.

Card Shark

Immortal
3 Ennis
2 Lewis
1 Feki

Hope the boys learned some serious lessons yesterday. Give a team like the Roosters a sniff like that and we'll get absolutely flogged.

Watch the post match press conference Glenmore, Flanno harped how hard it was to get up for this game.

We didn't need to learn a lesson, we just needed to win.

Job done.

Gallen did 218meters
Next best was 117 meters

Heignington made 154 metres and doesn't do two hit ups every set of six like Gallen.

Gallen plays the most minutes in the middle of the field so his metres and tackles are always going to be high.

Did he do anything that changed the game?

Only for Parramatta with that costly error.

Feki had 174 metres, 2 line breaks and 2 tries.

Definately changed the game for us in a big way.

Banana Peel

Juniors
Gal does his best when the defence is backtracking, he takes the ball early and he targets a lazy defender or two in behind the ruck. The momentum he creates before the tackle is his strength.

I thought he struggled in SOO. The intensity of the contest doesn't allow for the opportunities that he thrives on. He was too easily dominated in the tackle.

As for stats? I guess someone else will run ball if he's not there.

cb4

First Grade
Yes
He made by far the most meters and tackles
In the toughest part of the field

He also got danced around by Corey Norman when he was tried.

I dont think Gallen was bad, but he wasn't good and he didn't do anything to win us the game.

3 Ennis - We don't win if he doesn't play

2 Heino - He came up big when it counted

1 Feki - His kick returns and hit ups got us on the front foot every time he ran the ball.

millersnose

Post Whore
We all call it as we see it I guess
I see topping the tackle count and the meters at the same time as quite a feat and it flummoxes me how that can be described as "average" or " wasn't good"
Highlight grabs tend to be tries so they get more attention and are much more exciting than the hard work and I guess it is an entertainment game so fair play to you

ghoti

Bench
Gal's a toiler and he gets good performances out of those around him. I doubt there's a forward who's ever played with him who wasn't feeling pretty positive about taking the next hit-up after Gal...gets the team moving forward.

We all call it as we see it I guess
I see topping the tackle count and the meters at the same time as quite a feat and it flummoxes me how that can be described as "average" or " wasn't good"
Highlight grabs tend to be tries so they get more attention and are much more exciting than the hard work and I guess it is an entertainment game so fair play to you

Calling his performance average was probably a bit harsh I admit.

But probably a backhanded compliment in a way as I've seen way better performances by him in games gone by.

So I probably meant average by his standards if someone else had pulled those numbers I'd probably look at it differently.

Maybe my disappointment in that one really bad play by him clouded my judgment a bit.

Got to be much more composed in those game situations with the Semi's coming up.

Those "moments" are momentum changes in games.

Latest posts