What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd party Agreement

strider

Post Whore
:lol: :lol: .... ahhhh all those williamses look alike .... or maybe not :sarcasm:

MrT

Juniors
and to top it off all we hear about is the AFL spending millions in Sydneys west and the pokie tax

so Parra and Penrith have to compete with that as well as clubs like Manly stealing their players

it's time clubs like Parra and Penrith threatned the NRL saying they deserve concessions for developing juniors or they'll just quit doing it and let AFL take over the area

Gallop may soon come to his senses

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

If Parra and Penrith did thid, NRL wouln't last long. I'd say go for it, why should we spend and have no benefit.

Manly should have to reimburse 4 years worth of expenses on Williams.

I can really see a pleak future for league. Gallop has no idea, either can't see it or just can't make the tough decisions.

Stuff spending on the juniors, lets just wave our chequbook around also.

I ask manly where will you get your players from then?

Gronk

Staff member
yes I agree...it is a major issue.

Brian Smith was having a bitch a few years ago when some of the vulture clubs signed another local product. He said that the Eels dish out the equivalent to our salary cap again on junior development.

The Roosters on the other hand (which is the area where we live and my son plays junior for) have 4 clubs to nurture. Bondi, Clovelly, Paddington & St Charles. This year our club had funding cut by the Roosters and the parents had to go find sponsors just to give the kids a new kit.

So Parra pay millions and the Roosters sit back and just poach the best of the kids. IIRC they won S G Ball this year - they must have recruited well. :?

I posted a link earlier today of an article which boasts that Cherryington is the first local junior for donkey years that has made it to FG. Big difference between out club and them....

Bigfella

Coach
Apart from anything else,. it is so much easier to manage your cap if you don;t have to worry about nurturing your juniors.

You just buy what comes on the market as anad when you need them. Emotion doesn't get in the way. You don't make decisions based on how much work / effort you have put in to a player.

Also, juniors who kick on are the biggest problem under the cap. They can go up in value up to four. five six times what they demand in a season. That really blows your cap management out the window.

It's no surprise really that the teams producing the most players - Newcastle, Parra, Penrith, St George Illawarra, have been the underperformers in the salary cap era.

The salary cap game is an attempt to divide the talent produced by those clubs among a series of traditional clubs and marketing gimmicks to create the NRL for pay tv.

Sucks really.

Latest posts