What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Australia v New Zealand at Adelaide on Nov 27-Dec 1, 2015

You said that a couple of times - but it's not the case - the process is ok, Llong f**ked it up royally. http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-new-zealand-2015-16/content/story/945583.html

There was three points of evidence to give that out: deviation off the bat, change of rotation in the ball after it glanced the bat and the hotspot.

The only thing that went against and out call was the Snicko, but three forms of evidence against one which I can only describe as an anomaly should have suggested that he still be given out.

Llong did f**k it up.

ek999

First Grade
I don't know what causes them but this is taken from 1:36 of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXOCmRf66HY

Capture.png

You can see two marks that look the same from when a ball is edged on what was the underside of his bat (which didn't hit the ground). Without being able to see the ball pass the bat, I don't blame him for going with the on-field decision. The bigger concern to me is the fact they used ball tracking for the wrong delivery (it wouldn't have been out LBW though)

gordsy

Juniors
Proof that Marsh has no idea

Given the green, difficult conditions that confronted batsmen in the pink ball Adelaide Test, Marsh has deduced that Nevill’s crucial 66 in the first innings was worth double.

“The way I looked at this Test match was normally on Adelaide Oval 400 is a half-decent first-innings score,” said Marsh.

“It was 200 on both sides so I just doubled everyone’s score … and looked at it that way. I thought it was a fair way of doing it so Nevill’s 132 was brilliant.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n-adam-gilchrist/story-fni2fnmo-1227630187905

AUSTRALIAN wicketkeeper Peter Nevill has been set an almighty challenge as he prepares to move up to No. 6 in the Australian batting order: score more Test hundreds than Adam Gilchrist.

That’s the faith selectors have in the quietly-spoken gloveman who is growing in stature by the day in this Australian team.

Rod Marsh, one of Australia’s greatest ever behind the stumps believes in Nevill’s batting ability to the extent that he’s even willing to mention him in the same conversation as Gilchrist, a force who reshaped modern-day cricket with his extraordinary 17 Test hundreds.

Asked his opinion on Nevill’s batting, Marsh didn’t hold back.

“We hope that he can make more Test hundreds than any other Australian wicketkeeper,” said Marsh.

“How does that sound? That would be a good solution for Australia’s batting.”

Marsh is even willing to give Nevill, yet to score a maiden Test ton, a headstart.

Given the green, difficult conditions that confronted batsmen in the pink ball Adelaide Test, Marsh has deduced that Nevill’s crucial 66 in the first innings was worth double.

“The way I looked at this Test match was normally on Adelaide Oval 400 is a half-decent first-innings score,” said Marsh.

“It was 200 on both sides so I just doubled everyone’s score … and looked at it that way. I thought it was a fair way of doing it so Nevill’s 132 was brilliant.”

Nevill averages just 27.30 from his seven Tests, but his two 50s have come in desperate situations when wickets have been collapsing around him.

The right-hander’s 59 at Birmingham wasn’t matchwinning but it saved Australia the humiliation of losing a Test in two days.

His knock in Adelaide though, which formed the backbone of a record 74-run ninth-wicket stand with Nathan Lyon that doubled as the highest partnership of the match was absolutely crucial in Australia’s nailbiting triumph.

Gilchrist scored his runs at a stunning strike-rate of 81.95, but although Nevill lacks the same explosive tendencies, he has a pedigree as a fighter, which is just what the doctor ordered for this fragile Australian batting line-up.

Nevill averages a solid 41.01 with the bat in first-class cricket and plenty of those runs have been scored coming in at difficult moments for NSW.

Captain Steve Smith is set to reward Nevill’s technique with a promotion in the batting order over the struggling Mitchell Marsh.

Rod Marsh was leaving that decision to Smith but is in no doubt that Nevill will rise to the task if elevated to the top six.

“He had a terrific game, a fantastic game (in Adelaide),” said Marsh.

“His Shield record would suggest that he can bat. He took a little while to find his feet at Test level against the moving ball under trying conditions in England, but the thing that we all liked about him was the fact that … the opposition had to get him out. It’s a good trait in a batsman, that.

“They were difficult batting conditions (in Adelaide) … you’ve got to give credit to our blokes who basically got through with nine players fit in the second innings (Mitch Starc and Peter Siddle injured).”

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The wicket wasn't even that green, Steve Waughs 60 odd no against the Windies on that Trinidad greentop in 95 tour was worth about 600 then.

And AB's 100no and 98no on the 83/4 tour to the Windies were with about 1000 each.

TheParraboy

Staff member
The wicket wasn't even that green, Steve Waughs 60 odd no against the Windies on that Trinidad greentop in 95 tour was worth about 600 then.

And AB's 100no and 98no on the 83/4 tour to the Windies were with about 1000 each.

and that Kim Hughes century against the mighty Windies back in the day when everyone else had no idea what a cricket ball looked like, let alone plant bat on ball was worthy of knighthood and Australian of the year status imo...

Meth

Staff member

Given the green, difficult conditions that confronted batsmen in the pink ball Adelaide Test, Marsh has deduced that Nevill?s crucial 66 in the first innings was worth double.

?The way I looked at this Test match was normally on Adelaide Oval 400 is a half-decent first-innings score,? said Marsh.

?It was 200 on both sides so I just doubled everyone?s score ? and looked at it that way. I thought it was a fair way of doing it so Nevill?s 132 was brilliant.?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n-adam-gilchrist/story-fni2fnmo-1227630187905

Personally, I think Marsh's 49 was the equivalent of Clarke's triple

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I think it was more the ball than the pitch. It swung well into the later overs. If you look at nz in the first innings they actually would have seen off the new ball but it just kept doing enough. Same with smith and voges who managed to bat through the evening session.

I thought the pitch looked good for batting.

JJ

Immortal

Given the green, difficult conditions that confronted batsmen in the pink ball Adelaide Test, Marsh has deduced that Nevill?s crucial 66 in the first innings was worth double.

?The way I looked at this Test match was normally on Adelaide Oval 400 is a half-decent first-innings score,? said Marsh.

?It was 200 on both sides so I just doubled everyone?s score ? and looked at it that way. I thought it was a fair way of doing it so Nevill?s 132 was brilliant.?

:lol: hope he's halved the bowling figures then, poor Peter Siddle

El Diablo

Post Whore

stll not as good as Quiney's 9

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Matt Wade's century against the Windies when they were like 7-150 was way better than Neville's innings especially against champion bowlers like Rampaul and Shillingford

Latest posts