What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Australia v Pakistan at SCG on Jan 3-7, 2017

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The ball was 10cms past the bat when that spike appeared.

That's a seriously bad call.

The frame and the sound doesnt quite match up. The sound comes the frame after i believe

At least thats how the third umpire calls it

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Hotspot is too inconsistent

Conclusive snicko and some visual evidence is fine. The two overturned this match were not all that conclusive

Sphagnum

Coach
If opinions are divided about whether something should be overturned or not it should always revert to the on field decision.

That's how it is supposed to work but apparently the third umpire can go on a hunch instead of conclusive proof.

Same as league really.

JJ

Immortal
thats basically what I was saying, sans stats, as far as I'm concerned he will go down as one of our greats, thats my call anyway
Nice backsliding, so in reality when you 'corrected' me in fact you were agreeing with me 100%

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I think there is the possibility that both smith and wahab hit the ball. There was certainly a noise around the frame where the ball went past the glove/bat.

I doubt either of them think they hit the ball which is a problem imo because the players need to trust the system. You see stuff like the joe root drs a few years ago where he didnt know he hit it but the evidence showed he clearly did. Root would be like oh ok i f**ked up there because he can see the evidence

I doubt smith or wahab will ever believe they hit those. Im certainly not sure. It would have been the smallest molecule on the ball brushing the bat/glove

I will say at least gould is consistent

JJ

Immortal
I think there is the possibility that both smith and wahab hit the ball. There was certainly a noise around the frame where the ball went past the glove/bat.

I doubt either of them think they hit the ball which is a problem imo because the players need to trust the system. You see stuff like the joe root drs a few years ago where he didnt know he hit it but the evidence showed he clearly did. Root would be like oh ok i f**ked up there because he can see the evidence

I doubt smith or wahab will ever believe they hit those. Im certainly not sure. It would have been the smallest molecule on the ball brushing the bat/glove

I will say at least gould is consistent
Noise could have been caused by anything:)

8Ball

First Grade
Good comeback from the team after SA. Needless to say though that the big test is to come in India. Will make or break some guys careers.

Also, no wade

Tommy Smith

Referee
Picking Wade in India could end Lyon and the other spinner's career.

It'll be demoralising on those pitches seeing any chances grassed or stumping missed.

Imagine poor GOAT drawing Kohli out of his crease and deceiving him with flight only for dickfingers to fumble the chance.

It'll crush poor Gazza. Or Sokky.

JJ

Immortal
I'd promote Wade to v/c TBH his leadership is something else, I'm sure twizzle will confirm he's a great

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Picking Wade in India could end Lyon and the other spinner's career.

It'll be demoralising on those pitches seeing any chances grassed or stumping missed.

Imagine poor GOAT drawing Kohli out of his crease and deceiving him with flight only for dickfingers to fumble the chance.

It'll crush poor Gazza. Or Sokky.

Chris Rogers has been defending Wade all through the test match on ABC radio, even when he f**ked up. His logic was that since Wade has been added to the team "they just seem to be playing much better".

Imagine if he ever became a selector.