What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: England v Pakistan at Southhampton Aug 21-25, 2020

Pommy

Coach
Well the weather can’t take a series win off us. Just makes Pakistan’s mistake of taking their foot off the pedal in game 1 even worse now.

Pommy

Coach
I think there was less than 2 overs played, Anderson got a wicket and then the rain came. 30-4

TheParraboy

Staff member
Warne suggested Anderson can play another 3-4 years for England...In England only
and be used as a bowling coach overseas to keep fit

I know why he is paid the big bucks now...

Pommy

Coach
Looks set for a draw 100/2, weather is supposed to be shite most of the day I believe.

undertaker

Coach
Apparently today is expected to be a total wash out, stranding Jimmy on 599 until next year.
Jimmy on 599..

Looking at the ICC WTC schedule, England's next test series are against Sri Lanka/India in January/February 2021.

Today might be Jimmy's last chance (and final test match) to get to 600, as there's no guarantee that tour to the subcontinent early next year will go ahead, meaning by the time tests matches in England come around in June or July, he will be nearly 39.

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
Congratulations Jimmy

Pretty good effort for a fast bowler.

Overseas record isn't to bad to be honest but no where great either

A Gun in England, UAE. and the West Indies

308073.jpg

Wickets: 600
Tests: 156
Ave 26.79
Econ: 2.85
S/R: 56.2
5w:29
10w: 3

In England:
Wickets: 384
Tests:89
Ave: 23.83
Econ: 2.84
S/R:50.2
5w: 22
10w:3

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yeh, given most of them were on his home ground soft pitches, its still a decent effort

Bazal

Post Whore
Longevity like that is always impressive. 156 tests from a fast bowler?

He's a home deck hero and a massive knob end but he deserves to be talked about in some pretty high level company regardless.

Latest posts