What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 Raiders in Kangaroos Train-on Squad

aussies1st

Staff member
Jarrod Croker (Canberra Raiders)
Blake Ferguson (Canberra Raiders)
David Shillington (Canberra Raiders)
Dane Tilse (Canberra Raiders)

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=21945

Good reward for Tilse who has been good for us this season. Guess the lack of games meant Dugan wasn't picked else he should have been in ahead of Croker who had a very average season.

Timbo

Staff member
Croker? Wow, that's from left field. He's gone backwards at a rate of knots this season.

Shillo is out of form and doesn't deserve it.

Just rewards for Tilse and Fergo though. Tilse has been one of the best props all season and Fergo is one of the most dangerous long range attacking players in the game.

Dugan is having an ankle operation next week.

well done to the guys selected. Maybe Shillo is the only one who may make the final squad. But TBH Tilse has played better than him over the season.

For the record , I like Burt Id have him in my team well before Hayne.

Cryptic

Juniors
Shillington was terrible earlier this year but improved a lot when he came back from injury... Honestly I doubt any of them will be there come the final squad...

As for Croker... I don't know.... How much was him going downhill and how much was just him not having the support out there... A lot of the tries down that side were due to us being outnumbered there and that's just shit communication... Either way though I don't think he was up for a rep selection... Maybe there are a lack of centres in the bottom eight teams, or goal kickers...

skeepe

Immortal
I still think Croker is a good defender, but he was let down time and again by his winger this year - both Vidot and Robinson were awful in defence this year. This in turn affected his confidence, leading to a sub-standard attacking performance.

Just my opinion.

I sincerely hope we sign an outside back though - or give Drury Low a run - because I simply don't think Robinson is good enough.

shear_joy9

Coach
bronson is just lucky he's a nice guy. He should have been playing in the canberra raiders cup going by his form this season.

Cryptic

Juniors
Papalii however is going great and deserves the spot... He also deserves Harrisons run on spot but that's another story...

supera

Juniors
croker. lol.

symptomatic of our problems this season - erratic, unimaginative, crap passer, ordinary defender and a liability against the (huge) modern centre.

I recently commented that he would, at best, be battling for a bench spot at most other nrl clubs - this doesn't change my mind...

Gaseous Clay

Juniors
Croker is sitting by the phone, anxiously waiting for the call to confirm he is the goal kicking, starting centre for the Kangaroos.

Seriously though, why name players that have 0 chance of making the squad - is it some type of encouragement thing? More like a piss take if you ask me. I'd be ashamed and embarrassed if I was Croker.