What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

40-4

Willow

Assistant Moderator
emdgust.gif

Broncos clobbberrrred by the bulldogs

C

CanadianSteve

I read on TFS that the Broncos had 10 players away at the Qld camp. Seems like the system works against the Broncos. I think they should play SOO on weekends and stop the NRL those weeks.

M

Ms.Storm

There has to be something else the NRL can do to prevent hammerings like this.....its unfair that teams with a lot of rep players get disadvantaged in this manner.

What about a bye for all teams for the 3 weeks or even 2 weeks during SOO and make that a showpiece by staging the games on Sat. Night.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The fact is that the Broncos have 10 Origin players isnt the rep season's fault.

The Bulldogs had 4 players out.
I can't see how 6 players make a 36 point point difference especially considering the depth of the Broncos.

The big loss had more to do with one team playing below par and being done like a dinner by a better team.

btw, Bennett selects the Queensland side....and he selects the Broncos side...
Surely that stacks the cards in his favour when juggling whats on offer.

Also, I recall there were complaints about weekend SOO as well so people will have a moan either way.

imported_midas

Juniors
hey,it,s a small price to pay for the privelege of being thew only team from south Eastern Qld-population what-2.5 million?

imported_midas

Juniors
ms storm
if you had a bye for all teams then thew season would stretch to 33 weeks or be reduced to 23 rounds.
The only way to do what you suggest would be to have a 12-team comp (which is News Ltd,s ultimate goal anyway.

C

CanadianSteve

Broncos got knocked out in the recent playoffs (NA term). Why do they always seem to come up short in the finals?

C

CanadianSteve

Can the Broncos do it this year? Maybe they can bring back Wendell Sailor after he quits union over his problems there.