What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

46 in 29, mudt be close to a record.

Soi_Cowboy

Juniors
Unfortunately didn't make it out to the game this avo, but had the scores updating live on this site.
Canberra score shortly after half time, to lead 20-10 & me thinks here we go again. Go off to take a shower & shave, come back just on full time and see 56-20. I figure there must be some mistake, as last night, the live scores from leagueunlimited were being updated incorrectly. As it turns out, it was correct, could hardly believe it. 46 points in 29 minutes must be close to a record. Talk about flood gates opening.

Anyone at the game care to comment here. What was so different from the 50 mintues to the last hour hour. Regardless, its good they showed some attacking flaw and were able to pile of 8 trys in a short period.

Edwahu

Bench
Hayne hammered you blokes for the first 60. When that ended it was goodnight for us.

Mr Saab

Referee
in 1995 the broncos scored 54 in a half vs the eels.
Eels led 14-6 at halftime and lost 60-14 (Lockyers debut game)
46 in 29 mins is bloody good...and would be close to a record.

Nightstalker

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
in 1995 the broncos scored 54 in a half vs the eels.
Eels led 14-6 at halftime and lost 60-14 (Lockyers debut game)
46 in 29 mins is bloody good...and would be close to a record.

So if you do the math... The Roosters scored 1.59 points per minute in the last 29mins of the game.

I reckon thatd have to be a record. The only game I can think of that may be able to better this record would be when the Dragons put 91 points on Canterbury 70 odd years ago. However I guess it would all depend on when the points were being scored.

If they (Roosters) play like they did for the first 50 minutes a better side would have 50 on the board against them.

they must play as close to 80 minutes of football each game if they want to make the 8 and go further.

A lot of work to be done