What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

47,000!

The Broncos got 47000+ yesterdat at a regular season match. What other club can say they have done that recently? This is just another reason why Queensland should host a gf every now and then. it should be every 2nd year but im even happy with once every 4 years or so. Shame NRL!

Frederick

Staff member
Kinda makes it hard for other clubs to get a crowd that big when most grounds have a max capacity of around 25,000

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
pennywisealfie said:
The Broncos got 47000+ yesterdat at a regular season match. What other club can say they have done that recently?

Gaining credibility...

pennywisealfie said:
This is just another reason why Queensland should host a gf every now and then.

Losing credibility...

pennywisealfie said:
it should be every 2nd year but im even happy with once every 4 years or so. Shame NRL!

:crazy:

No, Qld shouldn't host a GF because 83,000 is bigger than 55,000.

But they should get a PF if Brisbane are involved and were the higher placed team.

MSIH

Bench
I'm sure if most teams had a population of well over a million people all centralised and a stadium that can hold 47 000 then they would crack it as well.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
BTW Broncos fans - if you do not sell out (and I mean all 52,500 seats) this Saturday, you deserve to be playing out of Clive Berghofer.

t-ba

Post Whore
pennywisealfie said:
The Broncos got 47000+ yesterdat at a regular season match. What other club can say they have done that recently? This is just another reason why Queensland should host a gf every now and then. it should be every 2nd year but im even happy with once every 4 years or so. Shame NRL!

Maybe if the Sydney clubs decided that killing any opposition within 100km of them was a good idea they'd get those kind of crowds!

One and a Half MILLION people went to NRL matches in Sydney this year. Not even a third of that went to NRL matches in the enrtire South-East!

yobbo84

Coach
pennywisealfie said:

Be grateful your city was given a team in the NSW-based competition. Otherwise you'd be watching the QLD Cup on ABC with Warren Boland.

That's bound to p*ss a few expansionists off!

t-ba

Post Whore
yobbo84 said:
Be grateful your city was given a team in the NSW-based competition. Otherwise you'd be watching the QLD Cup on ABC with Warren Boland.

That's bound to p*ss a few expansionists off!

Warren Boland can't be any worse than the Clowns that commentate Broncos Games up here. Mrs Walters must be so ashamed to have carried each of those clowns around in her womb for nine months each...

t-ba

Post Whore
Perth Red said:
one team cities, its the future I tell you!

Brisbane With two Teams over a decade ago managed to get about 600k through the gates...when Brisbane was about 15% smaller!

QldEagle01

Juniors
Here, here t-ba. Ive been to many Broncos matches at Suncorp. At least 50% of the crowds support the opposition, not the Broncos. The Broncos were active in killing off opposition, with half a state to choose from no wonder they are so powerfull, pity it doesnt equate to the way most Queenslanders feel. Most Qlders despise the Broncos, bring on the Titans and watch the Broncos self destruct over the next few years..............

Murphdogg1

Juniors
Also they were playing the Warriors - who had won 4 on the trot and with the huge ex-pat Kiwi contingent in Brisbane wouldhave helped the numbers

mattyg

Bench
if it was possibly Willie Mason's last ever home match for the Bulldogs we would get a similar crowd...

juanfarkall

Coach
How many were at the Broncos Vs Melbourne final last year ?

I was there and I remember thinking at the time that the official figure released was the real crowd multiplied by at least 1.5.

bjm8

Juniors
QldEagle01 said:
Here, here t-ba. Ive been to many Broncos matches at Suncorp. At least 50% of the crowds support the opposition, not the Broncos. The Broncos were active in killing off opposition, with half a state to choose from no wonder they are so powerfull, pity it doesnt equate to the way most Queenslanders feel. Most Qlders despise the Broncos, bring on the Titans and watch the Broncos self destruct over the next few years..............

Being from up here and supporting an outside team, i agree. Also, the Broncos fans are the least passionate, when their team runs on the field or scores a try is the only time you'll hear a cheer. Watch the replays of the Tigers and Sharks games up here this year (and probly more, thats the only ones i watched) and you will hear nothing but opposition fans cheering.

same old story, queenslanders agree, nsw ppl disagree and the same result will happen, qld will never host a gf. i dont know why i bothered lol.

t-ba

Post Whore
There's Two QLDers who have replied to this topic in the negative...QLD Does not Equal the Broncos...

Latest posts