What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th ODI: Sri Lanka v Australia at Colombo (RPS) Aug 20, 2011

aussies1st

Staff member
As usual the selectors have it the wrong way around. ODI/T20 are the formats where you can take the old dog out back but not Test cricket, ignoring form that is.

Big Pete

Referee
Great win for the Aussies, and to think 9-10 months ago we were getting our pants pulled down by these guys on our own home soil.

It will likely be the last hurrah for a couple of players too given the age of the side. I don't think the Australians should get rid of every player over 30 straight away but they should look at transitioning the side for the summer. In saying, I'd drop Haddin and Dhussey look to bring in Paine and Ferguson while Ponting, Lee and Hussey enjoy one last hurrah on home soil, all three deserve that kind of send off and thinking of it from a financial stand point, should be able to draw.

The question is, who comes in for those three players? At this stage I believe it's fair to call those positions vacant and reward the form players in the Ryobi Cup.