What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
He seems to have a young group of support staff and coaches around whenever I see him having a coffee in Braddon. I reckon the Raiders are doing alright this season considering the injuries and threadbare roster.

I've watched a decade of stick coaching the Raiders and fundamentally my issues are largely around his poor attacking structure

I just don't think his ideas on how to attack is likely going to lead to a premiership. I think for top teams we don't ask enough questions of the defence.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Yep, crash balls ain't gonna win finals games.

We did make a gf in 2019 so he won't get in the players way if they are playing brilliantly.

But it's just when we need to manufacture points when we need to like for example in a gf when we have a 1 man advantage

Colk

First Grade
I've watched a decade of stick coaching the Raiders and fundamentally my issues are largely around his poor attacking structure

I just don't think his ideas on how to attack is likely going to lead to a premiership. I think for top teams we don't ask enough questions of the defence.

It seriously doesn’t matter who our coach is (well maybe Bellamy). Could we have a better coach, for sure but it is largely meaningless How the salary cap and player transfer market functions makes winning a competition largely implausible for teams like Canberra and a few other regional sides.

I’m not worried about it.

skeepe

Immortal
Once you get past the age of wanting to go out and get trashed every weekend, Canberra's a great place to settle down and raise a family, way better than the cesspit that is Sydney.

The problem is, most footy players aren't past that age yet so Canberra isn't as attractive a destination as Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane.

Probably why we have a lot of ex-Knights - after living in Newcastle, Canberra seems like paradise.

Frankus

Juniors

Fair point I guess. As a Kenberran, I quite often go to watch them play (wife's work has a corporate box). Haven't really noticed huge issues in attack breaking down defences - that Roosters side was renowned for their defence in 2019, they repelled wave after wave of Souths being camped on their try line to win the prelim - it is probably one of the greatest defensive efforts I have seen in recent years (and I am a Panthers supporter). A GF, a prelim or 2 and regular finals are pretty successful results over the past 6 or so years.

Penrith fan

Juniors
Most people who put down Canberra as a place to live have only ever been there on a school excursion to questacon.
Canberra would have to be the coldest place in the world

Great if you are a federal public servant, out of touch with the rest of Australia but the only culture in Canberra can be found in a test tube.

Penrith fan

Juniors
Nah I have lived all over the world including Canberra for a stint.

It is not a cultural icon and most people there are inbred in their ideas and expectations thinking they are better than everyone else.

Penrith fan

Juniors
Trust me Canberra is colder than London, Sweeden, Southern New Zealand, Northern Ireland and Chicago which is known as the windy city.

Canberra has a certain coldness that gets into your bones.

Valheru

Coach
I lived in Canberra for four years and couldn't wait to get out of the place. Give me Sydney any day of the week

Latest posts