What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 min sinbin

Should there be a 5 min sin bin

• Yes

Votes: 34 91.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

lukesdogs

Juniors
I think there should be for minor fouls. An example of this would be a player continuily having pot shots at the ref, like McKinnon did early this year

Biscuits

Juniors
There used to be a 5 minute option. Refs never used it.

I am involved in junior league as a coach and let me tell you it hurts pretty bad losing a player for 10 when the entire match is only 50 minutes in duration.

Coaster

Bench
I have no doubt that 5 min should be used, it should be used nearly every time a player is put on report.

dragonfire

Bench
lukesdogs said:
I think there should be for minor fouls. An example of this would be a player continuily having pot shots at the ref, like McKinnon did early this year

dont you think it would be hard to at times differentiate between a 5/10 minute binning?

Stuzmeister

Juniors
dragonfire said:
dont you think it would be hard to at times differentiate between a 5/10 minute binning?
Even that would be better than having someone staying on the field but put on report for a clear preofessional foul or a penalty or high shot that clearly changes the context of the game, ala Peachy's high shot on McManus the other night.

innsaneink

Referee
dragonfire said:

Thats why it was originally scrapped, the line between the two got too blurred.

stuke

Bench
badav said:
peachey should have got a 10 minute sin binning for that tackle.

under the current rules he couldn't be, though if he held him down he could have.

Tom Shines

First Grade
If a tackle is bad enough to be put on report, but good enough not to be sent-off, then he should get 5 in the bin.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I don't think anybody has ever got 10 minutes for a high shot. It's either sent off, or just put on report and a penalty.

5 mins for stuff like that could really change how teams play the game. Would like to see it trialed first.

Inferno

Coach
Adrian Morley got sent off a few years ago in a test for the very first tackle which was high.

STEVE R

Juniors
I'm sick of players being put "on report" for high tackles instead of being sent off because it "doesn't warrant a send off", but then finding these blokes being suspended come Tuesday.

Surely if it's worthy of a suspension, it's worthy of a send off?

The Engineers Room

First Grade
5 mins for foul that is not bad enough to be sent off but bad enough to warrant time off.
10 mins for professional fouls like deliberate holding down and deliberate offside.
Send off for the worst offences or a second professional foul.

Dutchy

Immortal
Natalie's Daddy said:
5 mins for foul that is not bad enough to be sent off but bad enough to warrant time off.
10 mins for professional fouls like deliberate holding down and deliberate offside.
Send off for the worst offences or a second professional foul.

Bingo