What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th ODI Australia vs England at Lords

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Why would you bat first on this wicket???? Has Ponting ever sent anyone in since Edgbaston 2005???? This wicket will only get better by the looks.

beads6

First Grade
I want Ponting to retire, I am just over him and his poor captaincy. Time for Australian Cricket to rebuild. We should piss Hussey of while we are at it. Pup out with a back injury also.

beads6

First Grade
Why can our batsmen not play spin bowling anymore?? Swan is a good spinner but we seem to give him more wickets than he earns IMO. Paine really needs to use his feet to the spinner and piss the reverse sweep off. Also Marsh at 5 is a joke. Captain, coach and selectors all need to go. As I type Paine gives Swann another wicket with the reverse sweep.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Paine wastes 90 balls and then throws his wicket away, Marsh opens or doesn't play IMO. Once again team selections are letting us down.

beads6

First Grade
Paine is jusy woeful, I'd be even happy with hughesy learning to keep again and doing it more often.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Tait...just WOW! 100 mph ball, 2nd time ever in the history of cricket, both in England.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Great win considering, taking the powerplay earlier changed the game. Damn Tait bowled quick awesome to watch.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
gee we are slow starters, we look good when the series is over

lockyno1

Post Whore
Real shame Tait is a pea heart, as he is at full fitness what our tst side needs. Pity he has the heart of a squid!

Cletus

First Grade
I couldn't believe Nine changed to the tennis for the last two overs. Kerry would be spinning in his grave, it would have been nice to see them score 30 off them but instead we get Serena being a bitch and warming up:evil:.

Big Pete

Referee
Twiz - Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure the squad was just dusting the cobwebs. Still, disappointing that we left it to the last two dead rubbers to show anything.

What can we take out of this ODI series?

Thought our bowlers took a lot out of this series. Tait showed that he's still capable of some very destructive moments with the ball while Harris and Bollinger proved that they have what it takes.

Thought our batsmen were all fairly disappointing. They all had their respective moments, but something always prevented them from starring.

Also, Punter's decision to bat first in this game left me feeling annoyed. Thank goodness we chose the Power Play when we did.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Our batting has been poor for 4 YEARS, our middle order has been terrible for quite a while. Last summer it was Watson and Katich..and then bugger all from batsmen 3-7.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Yet Paine did better than our entire middle order this series. Yeah he was slowish (that is the way he bats), but he got runs and 2 50's in 3 matches is not a poor return, hell Ponting only made 1 decent score, ditto Clarke, ditto White. Hell Sunshine was crap this series. There were worse players than Tim Paine with the bat!

Latest posts