What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6 Again Rule - Mass Blow outs

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
What is everyone’s thoughts on the impact of the 6 again rule for the World Cup (assuming it goes ahead)?

We are seeing consistent thrashings at NRL level uber the rules. Is anyone else very worried what kind of scores we will have in the World Cup? Especially with no super group style format

Jim from Oz

Juniors
What is everyone’s thoughts on the impact of the 6 again rule for the World Cup (assuming it goes ahead)?

We are seeing consistent thrashings at NRL level uber the rules. Is anyone else very worried what kind of scores we will have in the World Cup? Especially with no super group style format
Yep, agreed. Presuming the RLWC goes ahead, will the 6-ahead rule be used??

I hope not, seeing what a disaster it's been for the NRL re blowouts.

stryker

First Grade
Australia is likely to put 150 on a dumb arse side full of thugs like Tonga/Samoa/Fiji.
Those sides will literally touch the ball every 15 minutes.

The_Frog

First Grade

There have always been lopsided scores in World Cups.

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
There have always been lopsided scores in World Cups.
This is the main reason I’m worried. Australia play Fiji, Scotland and Ireland in their group.
NZ have Lebanon, Jamaica and Ireland.

None of those games look the slightest bit competitive (Fiji I can see an exception but they have been beaten by 50 the last few tournaments).

The talent gap between these teams in twice as wide as say Manly vs the Dogs or Melbourne vs Wests. I’m worried what kind of scores we will see and the negative impact that has on the rest of the tournament and the legitimacy.

The_Frog

First Grade
This is the main reason I’m worried. Australia play Fiji, Scotland and Ireland in their group.
NZ have Lebanon, Jamaica and Ireland.

None of those games look the slightest bit competitive (Fiji I can see an exception but they have been beaten by 50 the last few tournaments).

The talent gap between these teams in twice as wide as say Manly vs the Dogs or Melbourne vs Wests. I’m worried what kind of scores we will see and the negative impact that has on the rest of the tournament and the legitimacy.
This is why the Australian coach is doing no-one any favours in attempting to get quality players like Jarome Luai to play for Australia instead of his preferred Samoa, and should be told to pull his head in.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
If the international teams allow the 6 again rule to infiltrate the WC, whether that be voluntarily or via incompetence, they will deserve everything they get. This is the perfect opportunity for them to pop out some balls and tell the ARL that they are not subject to their bullshit like the NRL and Origin are.

Dark Corner

Juniors
I got bored with Playing O2 Touch Rugby as it didn't seem like Rugby and that's how I feel with 6 again in NRL.

Coastbloke

Bench
Why bother? Without the two trackhead traitors to the International game, just play to the acutual rules..??

Who knows. This could be a real WC. Neutral refs. The actual rules etc...