What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

60s week gear?

Macca

Coach
I am not sure how long we have had the black gills one but we are definately wearing the retro sky blue one at all home games. It's been approved by the NRL.

The white away one stays for a bit longer though.

spider

Coach
Macca said:
I am not sure how long we have had the black gills one but we are definately wearing the retro sky blue one at all home games. It's been approved by the NRL.

Ok, i would say its been 4 - im pretty sure that is an NRL stipulation.

mullet

Juniors
Macca said:
Nice.

Thats our permanent home jumper next year by the way.

actually i made a mistake im wearing the one quigs has on in the photo. Too many friggan jerseys to keep up with.

The replica i have to get myself one that or it can by my xmas pressie or for the 21st comming up :D

Inferno

Coach
Macca said:

Excellent, do you mean the grey away one Macca?

Macca

Coach
Nah that is the 70's retro one Mullet.

The one we have worn about 8 times this year.

The one we wore last week, that'll ba our regular home jersey.

Inferno

Coach
f**k.

Then again at least we are keeping the retro ones.

Need to do something about those white shorts though on the away jersey.

Macca

Coach
Well that's the problem. The shorts can't be changed either. They asked and were knocked back.

However, as long as our retro strip doesn't clash, we can wear that even for away games as we have done against St.Geo-Illa, Brisbane, NZ etc.

mullet

Juniors
Macca said:

Well watever the one quigs has onn is the one im wearing now. Its cotton big and warm but fits me like a dress, its huge.

Hope the replica is the fulltime jersey next year. We've had some god awful jerseys the past couple years but then again again we've had some god awful players pull on the black white and blue aswell.

No one wants to see Magda Szubanski in a Versaci dress!

I've got one of those 60's jerseys, picked it up from that footy shop in Darlinghurst about 5 years ago. Apparently some sharks supporter had ordered it in and then not picked it up when it was ready, both shop and i were stoked.
I like to wear it down to Henson on a satdy arvo on the hill,
Old Fellas of Henson: geez thats an old jersey young fella
Me: yeah, they dont make em like they used to eh
OFH: just like the footballers, gwafawgwafaw
Me: gwafawgwafaw

Still got a '76 jersey, but its a tad too small these days, and my '82 isnt comfy at all.
The '90 coldie holder still has its place though, and there's 8 full cans of ET Pepsi, bought on his last game, which are never to be opened until that special time.

spider

Coach
Macca said:

With a round neck look - no collar.

Source - Puma employee.

Macca

Coach
They look so much better with a colour.

Might be better to play in though. Colours are easy to grab.