What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7 weeks in, who is impressing you?

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
1. Billy Slater
2. James McManus
3. Blake Furgurson
4. Justin Hodges
5. Brett Morris
6. Todd Carney
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Ben Matulino
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. James Tamou
11. Sam Burgess
12. Nate Myles
13. Paul Gallen

14. Jayson Bakuya
15. Ben Hannant
16. Sam Kasiano
17. Alex Glenn

18th man. Matty Bowen

Thoughts?

Cliffhanger

Coach
I like this thread. I agree with a lot of that list. I have to say though, Luke Bailey has really impressed me. Guy never stops trying.

Stagger Lee

Bench
Weyman has not impressed you enough?

Maybe he could sell pies at half time and do the cheer leading as well because he is smashing them on the field. Maybe James Tamou (who is doing well) to the bench and Weyman to start?

innsaneink

Referee
No need to make a team.
Players that have impressed me so far.

Everingham
Ash Graham
Matt bell
Pomeroy - change of coach been good for him it seems - always had it- rarely used it
Aaron Woods
Josh Maguire
Tamou
Matt Duffy
Jesse Bromwich
josh reynolds to an extent
James graham

Allstar Knights

Juniors
1. Billy Slater
2. James McManus
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Andrew Everingham
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Ray Thompson
8. Ben Matulino
9. Mitch Rein
10. Aaron Woods
11. Jason Taumololo
12. Jayson Bukuya
13. Paul Gallen

14. Ben Barba
15. Josh Papalli
16. Jesse Bromwich
17. Trent Merrin

Kiwi

First Grade
Melbourne and Broncos players are all standing up and impressing, you'd be hard fought to find a dud in either side really, which is why they are 1 and 2 on the ladder obviously. So no need to mention their players me thinks.

These are some young players whom have ultra impressed:

Jason Taumalolo (18) and James Tamou (23).
If I was a cowboy fan I would be so, so excited about the future, what with these two players and Tariq Sims being so young. Taumalolo has the potential to be not only a superstar of the game but the type of player who is talked about being amongst the greatest of his position. I can't believe he is only 18.

Corey Norman (21).
Hate to say it but I think the Broncos have found a very, very good replacement for Lockyer.

Jesse Bromwich (22).
I thought the front row was a weakness at the Storm last year. With Bromwich coming on in leaps and bound and the solid addition of Ryles that weakness has been shored up somewhat.

Andrew Everingham (25).
Scouts and co. miss the potential of players sometimes. Those players sometimes have a greater desire to succeed than those with more natural ability. It took a while for Everingham to make it to first grade but his success has been a boon for my Supercoach team and I am all smiles.

Honorable mention: Aaron Woods (21), Aiden Sezer (20) - only one game but he looked good, Kasiano (21), Bukuya (22),

Very Honorable mention: Tohu Harris (20) first two weeks of Toyota Cup he had 51 carries for 455 metres, 60 tackles, 11 tackle breaks and showed He was a man amongst boys. The Storm will bring him along slowly though they promoted him to NSW Cup recently. Should make his first grade debut next year ... at the latest.

There are heaps of other Toyota Cup players who I am looking forward to making their first grade debuts in the next few years.

The future of our great game is bright. Very bright indeed.

Last edited:

Jason Maher

Immortal
I've mainly watched Saints games, and the 3 players that have been consistently good for us have been Weyman, Merrin, and Morris. Honourable mention to Jeremy Latimore.

From other games I've seen, obviously Melbourne's big 3 are on fire. Inglis, Taylor, and Burgess have been good for Souffs, but unfortunately for them they are surrounded by utter dross. The Broncos as a team have been very impressive, and their apparent weakness, their halves pairing, have both been very good. Todd Carney and Paul Gallen are also both on fire, and the rest of the Sharks team has been lifting to match.

Special K

Coach
Pomeroy - change of coach been good for him it seems - always had it- rarely used it
Umm This is Flanagans 3rd season as coach but I do agree Pom has been outstanding with the ball this year thanks to Carney.

From my club - Bukuya, Graham, J.Smith, De Gois and Gibbs. All these players have impressed me and performed better then expected.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Not naming a team but the Melbourne "big 3", Slater, Cronk and Smith has been outstanding.

The Sharks backrow of Smith, Bukuya, and of course Gallen has been really good.

Weyman and Morris for the Dragons have been their best so far this year.

James Graham has been very solid in his first year in the NRL.

The Broncos team in general has been impressive, no real standouts and McCulloch, Hodges, Glenn, McGuire, do well each week.

Everingham has been a find this year for Souths.

And finally, was impressed with the Titans five eighth the other night, Sezer.

Lowdown

Juniors
Funny how a few of you are calling out Jessie Bromwich.

This season he has been quiet - his first great game came on Saturday versus the dogs.

He was prior to that, playing below his potential this season.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I havent noticed him much this year until last weeks game. I thought he was good at the back end of last year.

Noa

First Grade
Funny how a few of you are calling out Jessie Bromwich.

This season he has been quiet - his first great game came on Saturday versus the dogs.

He was prior to that, playing below his potential this season.

Yeah I had chuckle when I read his name.

Up until last weekend he had been pretty average.